44 - Raphael

The call was taken. Our conversation was interrupted. Donnie stood up with his phone and walked away from us. Leo stood up right after him. Mikey and I followed suit just for the reason that we will more than likely be needing the information as well if we're going to be tagging along. Okay, well… I'll need the information. Mikey may just stare off into space.

The conversation was mostly gobbledygook with Pulverizer making little to zero sense. Finally he got us the information we needed, and it wasn't the best news. For one, Pulverizer decided to volunteer himself as the mutagen test project. Then, of course, where the location would be at. Finally, that it was apparently happening now. The boy cut the phone call off too quickly.

Donnie was in distress. "I knew we should've gotten him out of the Foot when we had the chance!"

"Then we'll get him out now. C'mon, guys!" Leo ordered. He added the last sentence when he turned to the lab, his gaze brushing over the girls. They were staring again.

Mikey, Donnie, and myself followed after our fearless, sometimes annoying, leader. Into the Shell Raiser we went, going to our individual spots. Leo took off without much of a warning. So much so I almost toppled into the aisle. 

"Hey! I didn't have my seatbelt on!" I snapped. 

Without turning his head, Leo huffed, "An emergency, Raph. Gotta be quicker than what you're used to."

My eyes rolled but I left it at that. The Raiser bolted through the tunnels until we came up to our secret entrance. Donnie raised the track and we were out in the city within a few seconds. I grabbed onto the handles in front of me as we bounced against the concrete from our little jump. That's gotta be hard on the wheels! Nobody else seemed to care and kept their focus forward. 

As we were turning a corner to get to the broom factory I saw Foot Clan bikes heading that way first. "The Foot!" I called. Leo turned the Raiser at the last moment, knocking a few Foot ninja from their bikes. 

"They have Pulverizer!" Donnie said. "On that first bike!"

"Hang on, we got company!" Leo jolted the Shell Raiser to the side.

My attention was on Fishface as he turned his bike toward us. "Keep driving, Leo! I got this joker," I growled. Yep, our feud was still strong. No matter how many Mazes of Doom we go through teamed up together. 

Clutching the handles in front of me tightly I fired up the trash cannon. A couple of unsuccessful hits, the third one being the charmer it was and hit the bike out from underneath the fish mutant. He jumped and seemed to land on the roof. I could only tell with a few metallic clangs from up there.

"He's on the roof!" Leo called out again.

"Would you stop pointing out the obvious?" I growled. "I got this!" Getting up from my seat I went to the top hatch and opened it. It seemed Fishface heard me and turned to stare at me. I blinked just as he jumped. I then screamed as I saw his fangs coming straight for me. My head tucked into my shell as a safety precaution. Didn't want another poison episode! Didn't want another save from that! Slamming the hatch closed, I fell to the bottom beside Mikey who screamed from seeing my head gone. I popped my head back into view with a growl aimed at him and he calmed down.

Getting back up with an angry huff, I went back to my weapons station. Oh, yes, Fishface ticked me off. The slamming of his robotic legs continued for a few moments more. I wanted it to stop! With a tight grip back on the trash cannon handles I jolted it to the side. One last thump was all I needed to tell me I hit him. Grinning wickedly, I asked aloud, "What're you gonna do now?" Sure, he couldn't hear me, but it sure seemed like it. Although I hit him off the roof he had hung on and was now slamming his foot into the Shell Raiser's large left back wheel. I groaned and crossed my arms, "Why do I ask these things? Why?"