38 - Naomi

So now we were stuck in an underwater base surrounded by a giant Kraang mutant. As if my fears of drowning weren't enough. Nessy swam around the base, watching us through the window we were by before swimming away again.

“How are we gonna get out?” Mikito’s soft voice echoed in the hallway. She was peering out of the widow that Nessy swam from. “With that thing still here…”

“It's name is Nessy,” Mikey stuck his tongue out at her. I frowned at him and his tongue retreated in his mouth again.

Leo looked behind him to everyone, “We'll worry about that when we actually leave. Right now, we need to worry about the Kraang.”

Mikey and Mikito nodded. I flicked my tail in understanding. Leo replied in a nod and turned back to focus on going through the hallway. The rest of us followed. Everyone was going ahead of me. Not that I minded. I was more wet than the others after the swim due to my clothes, and this place was cold. Freaking metal walls… Don't the Kraang want a heating system? With such nice technology, you think they would.

I shivered and noticed that everyone was crouching. Trying to be unnoticed with my personal issues, I crouched as well. Sneaking up between Mikito and Raphael, I looked into this next room.

In the next room there was a large open space. Kraang droids were on the bottom floor, whereas we were on the top. It was more of a vent floor. There wasn't much room to do anything. Knowing Leo, he would want an ambush attack. The leader's hand moved in fluid motions. Yep. That's exactly what he wanted.

As the others filed behind Leo, I shivered again. Hopefully the fight would start soon. A hand touched my shoulder and I saw Mikey looking at me with a smile. I gave a small smile back and followed behind Donnie. He suddenly stopped and I almost ran into him. I turned to the open floor below us. The Kraang continued with their work, oblivious to our presence. I was super glad Splinter had begun teaching us the basic stealth skills. Else we would have been caught at this point.

A scrape made me jolt my head toward the sound. Leo had grabbed one of his Katanas and was retrieving it from its sheath. “Alright guys, we have to be quiet…”

“Leo…” Donnie groaned. “Do you have to say that every time? We're ninjas, we know how to be quiet--”

He was cut off by his T-Phone suddenly going off. The jingle tune caught the attention of the Kraang. All of us gasped at Donnie's irony.

“Ooo,” Mikey snickered. “That is embarrassing.”

I didn't waste any time jumping down from the vent floor. I grabbed my staff halves and combined them. As soon as I landed, bullets were flying every direction. In the background of the hustle, I heard Donnie's voice. Although I wasn't sure what he was saying, I knew he was on the phone.

With every step I took, another Kraang was there, aiming his gun at me or someone else. I tried my best to knock down every bot I saw. Every time I hit one, my staff sent vibrations down my arm. One time the vibrations were so rough that I almost dropped my staff, and backed up. Raph came from behind me and jabbed a Kraang in the chest.

“Hey!” I snapped. “I had it!”

His green eyes turned to look at me. They were mildly harsh, but I assumed that was just from the battle. “Then handle it better,” he huffed. He took off again to a different group of Kraang. I rolled my eyes.

It didn't take long for the Kraang to be defeated. By the end, I was panting. Putting my staff halves up, I went to gather with the others. Mikito was the only one out of breath like me. Freaking ninjas...

“Alright!” Donnie said rather rushed. “Let's go!”

“We need to destroy the place first, Donnie,” Leo told him sternly. Donnie stopped mid step and groaned. Leo shook his head, “How do we destroy the place?”