22 - Naomi

It didn't take long for me to scrounge every inch of the clothes April got me. Honestly, I really liked the green eyeball one. But only because I could probably cut it up a little. So of course I went to the lab to find a pair of scissors. Finding a pair, I put the shirt over the one I was wearing. I snipped where it would fit right.

Slipping the shirt back off, I went to work. I cut around where I snipped it. When done, I picked it up. Looked good! Now... Since I was going to be training, I knew I wanted the leggings. I left the bag of the other clothes in the lab as I left to the restroom. Changing quickly, I realized I didn't cut a section for my tail. Ugh...

Keeping on the dirty shorts, I went back to the lab to get the scissors and a marker. Going back to the restroom, I passed Leo. I felt his gaze on me as I closed the door. Changing into the leggings, I marked on them where my tail would come out of. Taking them off for the last time this day, I cut clothing off once again. Finally, I put on the leggings and slipped my tail through. For good measure, I waved it around and sighed happily. Everything fit.

I would probably check on the other clothes and for them to me later. Right now, I wanted to train with the girls. Leaving the restroom, I headed back toward the dojo. April and Mikito had started without me. I didn't blame them. As I waited, I sat and watched. It felt odd to have the shirt cut up slightly above my belly but it felt nice at the same time.

Mikito rolled on the ground in front of me. She grunted as she pushed off the floor, trying to tackle April's legs. April side stepped, kicking at my sister. With a groan, Mikito slid to the side, holding her plastron. April darted toward her and Mikito pushed up on the ground with her hands and did a handstand. She kicked out with a leg, hitting April in the shoulder. Mikito then pushed off April and flipped backward. She pushed a little too soft and she fell on her back. April only took a step back. From her position on the ground, Mikito laughed.

"Whoops!" Mikito giggled. She looked at April upside down. "I meant to land on my feet."

April smiled and shook her head. I gave a small smile as well. We were all learning. This was more of a free for all than anything. Splinter was watching, making sure they were both okay. They were combining what they learned with some messy moves we watched the boys try. Of course, most of the time we didn't get it like them, but the effort was good.

Raph came in the dojo not long after Mikito got up. He sat beside me to watch the sparring. I didn't pay much attention to him as the spar continued.

As Mikito got up, April charged toward her. Mikito put her arm up to start defending herself. My sister took blow after blow from get opponent. April even tried to feet a few kicks in but Mikito raised her leg to block the blows as well.

"A lot of basics," Raph scoffed beside me. "You guys haven't learned much, have you?"

I shook my head as April dropped her own guard for a few moments. It was long enough for Mikito to try a sweeping leg attack. It sent April sprawling on her back. Mikito stood up with a triumphant smile. She offered a hand to April who took it and stood back up to defend herself. It was Mikito's turn to attack.

"April should have sent Mikito behind her," Raph advised to nobody in general. "Nobody would help their opponent up."

My eyes rolled. "It's training," I sighed. I watched as the two sparred back and forth, each gaining her own ground before losing it to the other. "You should know that."

"Our training usually consists of 'Last Turtle Standing.'" He boasted. "Yours is child's play."

I shot him a glare. He looked surprised. Internally I smirked. Good thing that I had expressions they hadn't seen. Raph's jaw set as we stared at one another.

With a soft voice, I growled, "You may not remember your basics, and that's up to you. But I'll whip your shell any day if it means going back to the basics."

Raph took the threat as a challenge, apparently. A smirk crossed his face as he furrowed his eye ridges. "It's on, then."

Honestly, I didn't know what kind of response I was going to get from him. After the whole cockroach incident from last night, I was surprised he didn't back down. Then again... It might have fueled him. My jaw clenched as Splinter called out for the girls to stop.

"Yamae! Enough. You two did very well," he praised. "Now... April, you will spar Naomi."

"Actually, Sensei," Raph spoke up. He stood up. I turned my face down. "Could I try sparring Naomi?"

A long pause echoed through the dojo as Splinter stayed quiet. What was he thinking? Please say no. Leo was difficult enough. And that as only practicing one move! Personally, I knew I wasn't ready to face Raph. Not even April could take him and she had been training longer than me and Mikito!

"Only if you promise to not go as rough as you do to your brothers," Splinter eventually said.

Raph scoffed as he said, "Hai, Sensei."

Mikito came up and sat beside me. I looked at her with worry on my face. She had the sane expression. "I put my money on you."

"What money?" I hissed.

She smiled sympathetically, "If I had money."

"Thanks..." I grumbled. Standing up, April took my place.

Looking at Splinter, I took my place in the opposite side of Raphael. He was looking at me with a confident expression. Oh, was I done for.

"If you did not believe you can do it, Naomi, you can postpone this," Splinter offered. I shook my head. I could do this. Or at least hold my own long enough to say I could.

What did I get myself into...?