Chapter 3: Ik Hou Van Jou- I Love You in Dutch!!!

“Onbeholpen (Award in Dutch)!!!!! Awkward does not explain the next day at school. One thing that condom did not break so that was a great thing but I was walking sort of crooked. He did me well last night. Today I have to stay far away from Mr. Hastings. I don’t know if he met he was in love with me or if he just loved me like, you know, a friend that he is fucking the brains out of, or  was something more. Whatever it was I could not deal with it on school grounds.  I sped walked from the parking lot and then to the school building.

            “Sophie.” Mel called out as he ran up to me. He swung his arm around my shoulder and then looked down at me. “I called you like 4 times last night.” He said and then gave me a kiss. “Don’t tell me because we official you changing on me.” He said and then I smiled.

            “Umm no…my mom was home early, she had a minor case of food poisoning. So I was helping her out but then I fell asleep. Sorry babes.” I said sort of lying. The truth was that after James and I did it, he slept there till like 6pm when my dad came home and then we did our homework and he left at 7pm. I had dinner and then James and I spoke on the phone from like 9 to 11 about nothing and everything, except for his little blurt out moment. So when Mel called I ignored it, just like when Emma and Amira called me.

            “Oh is she good.” He asked.

            “Yup, much better.” I smiled and gave him a kiss on the lips. He opened the door for me. I walked in and was greeted by of course James and his crew.

            “So I was thinking we should go out, to like a movie.”

            “Mel, school night.” I said and smiled.

            “How about Friday night.”

            “You like to plan a whole 3 days in advance.” I teased. He smiled and I gave him another kiss. When I pulled away I caught James looking at me. Yup, I have to stay away from Mr. Hastings!!! He then pulled Amanda toward him and raised his left eyebrow and then kissed her. I looked away and walked with Mel toward my locker.  Was James playing a game?

            “Do you want me to walk you to class?” Mel asked. I looked at him and smiled and then looked back in my locker.

            “No Mel. I know my class is on the east wing and yours is on the west, so it is virtually impossible for you to walk me and then get to yours on time.” I said and then smiled at him.

            “You forget I am an athlete.” He said and the wrapped his basketball toned arms around my waist from behind. He kissed the top of my head and then rocked us side to side. I like the way he felt. He seemed to really care about me. It was genuine.  But his touch did not send sparks through my body.

            “Mel, I am fine. I appreciate it that you want to be a good boyfriend.” I said in the girliest voice that I possessed as I turned around to look him in the eye. He smirked at me and then bent his head down. He pulled my lips to his with his lips and then kissed me. He was a good kisser, a confident kisser. After what seemed like forever, I pushed him away playfully as the bell rung signaling it was time for first period.

            “Go.” I said with a smirk to him.

            “Okay, talk to you later.” He said walking off.

            “Bye.” I smiled and then turned around to my locker. I took out my Forensic Science text book and then closed my locker. I let out a yelp when I saw James standing behind the now closed locker door.