Chapter 18: When it Falls Down

I could not stop my heart from racing. It was all crumbling. It was all falling down. I trusted Anthony to an extent, and really believed that he would not do this. I thought that moment we shared even if he was feeding me lies, would stop him from doing this to me. I should have known better than to trust a devil. I looked out the window. I was calling him the devil when I was the one that could not be trusted. I was the one with two lives and caused the situation on myself. I should have been more careful, I should have known better. I was scared to call my dad but I knew I had to before, the video reached his phone. I started to panic as I thought about them sending me back to Suriname. I felt like I would send me back too, especially if I am pregnant, and I have to tell them that the sex video is viral. I mean enough is enough. I would send me back because I am a political liability, a career killer, and a bad daughter! I just wished that this did not all happened now…all at once. But if you make your bed you have to lay in it too, as the old saying goes. And boy did I make my bed and boy do I like lying in beds. I looked to James as he drove.

                “Sophia check Facebook.”  James said as he drove back to school. I clipped onto the Facebook app on my I-Phone screen and almost died. It was all over my feed. I looked on my profile and then James’ and then Mel’s and then Anthony’s. It was everywhere. Even the moments I shared with Anthony in the hallway. It was a straight video compilation of everything. It was 10 minutes of me in my intimate times with mostly James and then Anthony was at the end. How did he edit it so fast? I wanted to cry.

                “It’s everywhere.” I said checking Twitter as well. James gripped the steering wheel.

                “I am going to kill that motherfucker. I am going to kill him.” James said as he stepped on the gas. I held my head. I did not know what was going to happen but I knew it was going to be epic.

                “James, please don’t fight. I don’t want anything to happen to you and you know… we are in a situation and like…”

                He looked at me and then refocused his eyes back on the road. He stretched his right hand to my stomach and rubbed it.

“I want you to stay somewhere safe.  Because I am…going to…fucking…kill that motherfucker.” He said to me like he was reading while using hooked on phonics. I started to laugh. I don’t know how I was able to laugh in that moment of utter shock and confusion but James was so funny. He started to laugh too. It was our shared humor and smiles that made me know that we would be okay. With all the craziness that we were about to face we still found a way to make each other happy.

                “We will call our parents after I fucking serve it to Anthony. I don’t want them telling me this about lawyers and that about business. I want to fight him head on…” James said.

                “You know this is going to make matters worse!” I reminded him. He laughed and then pulled into the school parking lot.

                “Things are always worst before they get better.” He said.  “Klaar voor oorlog?”  He asked me if I was ready for war in Dutch. I looked at him and shrugged, giving him an "I don’t care" type of facial reaction. I was ready for whatever came my way, at this point!

                “I did not bring my rings for nothing.” I said pushing on my rings on my fingers. He laughed. We fist bumped and then kissed.

                “Only one hit when it is safe, I don’t want you getting into the line of fire. Got to keep you safe.” He said and I smiled. “And you safe.” He said as he rubbed his nose against mine and then rubbed my tummy.