Chapter 6: You have to be in a Relationship 1st to be Cheated on 2nd!

I went to bed elated after “couples' night!” I felt so good, so satisfied. It was like I could still feel him inside of me! It was like we....

    My thoughts were stopped short by my dad screaming out, in Dutch, for me to get up and get ready. Ordinarily, I would grunt and roll my eyes at this but not today. I was too happy for anyone or anything to spoil my mood. I just jumped out of bed with my phone in my hand and danced to my own soundtrack that was playing in my head. I typed a message to James, because that is all I could think about.

    “Get up sexy! I can’t wait to see you and be with you all day.” I texted and then placed my phone on my nightstand. I was going to wait for a reply message, but I did not want my dad to go crazy, so I skipped off to the bathroom.

    A couple of years ago, you could not pay me to go to this picnic. It was so boring, and back then James and I were still a bit contentious towards each other.  I would have died to be in the same place with him. But today, I wanted to hurry up and get there. All I wanted to do was cuddle with him on one of those Central Park benches and then kiss him and touch his strong muscular arms, and eat BBQ food.

    Oh gosh, I am a love struck puppy! <<<<YUCK!!!! But I am so in love with this guy, he is just so awesome and much more than I have ever expected. It is true good things happen to good people.

    I wore my best summer babydoll dress and flat ironed my hair. I wanted to sort of impress my man, yes my man. It was so cool to say that and be proud of it. I mean we did not really talk about our new exclusive title but, I mean he loved me and I loved him and we could not keep our hands off each other, so it was a given, we were dating right? I mean there is a slight cork in this little set up. I was in a relationship with Mel. He was my “official boyfriend.” So I suppose that complicates the situation. But we all know where my heart is at.

    I skipped down stairs to meet my parents in the dinning room for breakfast.

            “Good Morning, my lovely parents.” I said grabbing my dad’s head with my hands and  kissing his cheek. I made a smacking kissing lip sound as I released his head. He looked at me as if I was a mutant. I did a twirl and made my way to my mom and kissed her cheek too. I fell gracefully onto my seat and smiled at my plate.

          “Thank you Donnette.” I called out to the cook. “Smells delicious.” I said looking at my breakfast.

          “Someone is in a good mood.” My mom laughed.

          “Why not. I am alive, I woke up to this blessed day, and I have loving parents.” I said.  My mom just chuckled. I supposed she figured why I was in such a good mood.

    “KrankZinnig.” My dad said “crazy” in Dutch. We all laughed and I pouted my lips and did a bobble head dance.

    “So, how was your date with Mel last night. I take it that it went well and that’s why you are in such a good mood.” My dad said. If he only knew. Much of the date was spent with another man. I wanted to laugh out loud but I refrained. He would really think I was crazy then.

    “It was good. Entertaining and exciting. The movie was a good one. More action than I thought it would be.” I smirked to myself as I shoved eggs in my mouth. My dad seemed solemn about what I said. He clearly did not like Mel that much. I don’t know why, Mel was actually a nice guy! Just not as awesome as my man!

    “Dad don’t have a heart attack. I don’t plan on marrying the kid!” I said and then laughed.

    “Well that much I know.” He said and I looked at him a bit weirdly. He sounded so sure, but I was too happy to analyze what he was saying. I leave that to another time.  But how is James? Haven’t seen him around in a while.” He asked me.