Chapter 12: Something New can be Something Old

I looked at Mel as he drummed his long fingers on his steering wheel. He was clearly trying to lighten the mood even though he did not know the reason why the mood was so heavy to begin with. If he did he probably would have been not so apt to make me happy!

I laughed because it was cute that he was trying. I turned up the radio and jammed to Katy Perry and Kanye West's song "ET." We sang the song like deranged lovers and when it was over I did feel happier!

It wasn't long before I was at Mel's house. He snuck me into the house but I knew that it wouldn't be long before his mom or dad saw me. It was just collateral! I figured that I would live up the moments before my dad and mom came over here with their drama.

"So what happened?" He asked. I waved my hand dismissing his question.

"I want to talk about how you going to make me feel better!" I said flirtatiously. He chuckled and walked toward me. I palmed the bed with both of my hands on my either side of me!

"You are something else you know!" He said and then kissed my lips.

"It has been a long day!" I said and the stretched. "And that is true..I am something else." I said tilting my head to the side.

"You need me to give you a massage?" He asked and I raised my left eyebrow.

"You know what let me cater to you! Whatever happened must have been crazy for you to walk to the Hamptons." He said sarcastically referring to my statement earlier. I laughed and shook my head up and down.  I pointed to my shoulders. 

 He moved behind me and then slowly kneaded his fingers into my skin. The pressure felt great. It was like he was massaging away all of my pains and regrets. I closed my eyes as he whispered in my ears, "you really have my heart Sophia."

I opened my eyes and looked over my shoulders. For the first time, I really looked at him. Not that I did not think he was an attractive guy, he was, that was evident, but because my head was so clouded with my infatuation of James, I never saw the beauty of Mel, right before my eyes. We were friends for all these years and naturally we developed feelings for each other. His feeling stronger and more romantic than mine. But in this moment, I was starting to feel something more. I don't know if it was because of the James situation but all I know is that his words made my heart jump and make me want him.

"That is so sweet." I said and then held his cheek with my hand. I leaned forward and kissed his lips. He did not let go and I held on too. I was holding on for more than one reason. I wanted to feel something. I wanted him to undo what wrongs I did my entire high school career. I wanted that kiss to bring me out of my nightmare. I wanted me and him to work so that I did not have to think about James. It was selfish and simpleminded. I suppose I was stupid. But I could not stop myself from wanting the impossible. I guess that was always my problem.

"Let me get back to massaging your back before, we go too far." Mel said as he pulled away. I laughed at his behavior. If this was James, he would have jumped my bones. It was different to be with a guy that considered my virtue over his sexual urge. I turned my head and looked down at my feet. I don't know if I wanted him to stop. I sort of wish he continued kissing. I wanted us to connect but maybe my idea of connection was flawed.

Mel rubbed my shoulders and asked me if it felt good. I smiled and moaned my yes. He moved my tank top and bra straps away from my shoulders and showered my shoulders and neck with kisses. His small pecks felt like there was actual love behind it. It felt like the moments leading up to James' abrupt and loud burst of "I love you" during sex. I wanted to cry but I held back.

"Whatever is bothering you or whatever happened will all work out...." He said and then rubbed my lower back. "Trust me." I smiled and then turned to him.