EPILOGUE: STARTING BRAND NEW

A/N: THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER FOR THIS BOOK. THERE IS ANOTHER SERIES SPINOFF BOOK...THAT WILL HAVE A TEASER UP IN A MINUTE. SO THE NEXT UPLOAD WILL HAVE THAT LINK AND STUFF LIKE THAT. IF YOU LIKE WHERE THE NEW COLLEGE EDITION SERIES IS HEADING YOU BETTER ADD TO LIBRARY AND LIKE SHARE, FAN , AND COMMENT. COLLEGE LIFE WILL BE THAT MUCH MORE DRAMAFUL THAN HS. SO GET READY FOR THE RIDE. NO MORE CRYING SOPHIA IS BACK IN CONTROL OF HER LIFE AND SHE IS COMING FOR YAH...LOVE YOU ALL FOR READING THIS AND MAKING IT THE SUCCESS IT WAS. I APPRECIATE IT. FOR MY FIRST EVER NOVEL UP HERE I AM HAPPY WITH THE RESPONSE AND THE FRIENDSHIP I MADE...THANKS GUYS

Epilogue: Starting Brand New

I did not feel weird not going to prom or senior graduation with my friends in the States.  Emma and Amira were very understanding and came to visit me in Suriname. They shared photos of the prom and graduation with me via FaceBook and it almost felt like I was there. But I had to admit it felt weird seeing James in the photos with Amanda constantly wrapped around his arms. I guess it was expected. He did not love me. I was not there and he deserved to have a girl friend on his arm. I was not able to get over him so easily. David wished I could but the reality was that, James did not really understand what happened and I still loved him.

I did have my own little graduation and formal at my Suriname school. It was weird being around friends I had from when I was 6 years old. But that did not matter much, since my mom and sister and brother was right by my side.

“Soph…you are still not done packing.” My sister Anne asked. I looked at her and smiled. It was hard getting everything organized.

“No.” I laughed.

“Well hurry up...” My brother Thomas came into my room and looked at me.

“You have to get to the airport.” He continued. I was getting ready for my return to the United States. I decided these few months away was good enough for me plus, I got into my dream college, NYU. So I wanted to go. My sister was going to go back to Columbia and I would be at NYU and my brother would be going back to his job. We would all be in the city and I would have their support if anything were to happen. Unfortunately, my mother decided to stay in Suriname until her next UN assignment. She was depressed with all of the divorce paperwork and my dad trying to get back in good with her and the entire family really. I knew she was a strong woman and would be able to make it through no matter what. She showed me that in these past couple of months.

“Mom…” I said as I dragged my suitcase to the front door.

“Yes darling.” She said. She had been crying clearly.

I looked at her and then sighed. “Are you sure you will be okay here…all by yourself?”

“Yes…don’t be silly. I have work here and when I have an assignment I will come to the states and see you guys.” She said.

“Mom I won’t go if you will be sad.”

“Sophia…I am sad that my children are leaving but not to the point that I won’t be able to live. I want you and your sister and brother to have a life. My life is here right now.” She said. I stretched my hand out to her cheek and wiped her eyes.

“I love you and I want to say thank you.” I said genuinely.

“I love you too.” She said and then hugged me. My sister and brother came and hugged us too.

“We love you too.” My brother said loudly. I laughed.

“Now Thomas, I leave you in charge of the girls…but don’t be a crazy idiot either” My mom said and we laughed.

“Well that is going to be hard.” I said and then smacked his stomach.

“You act like I am not cool. Who took you out for your 18th birthday and got you drinks all night…me…” He said. I put my hand to my lips telling him shush.

“You are lucky that it is the age of drinking here…but back in the states it is 21 and I want you to not indulge until then. I want you to be safe and study hard.” She continued.

“Yes mom.”

“And if anyone bothers you…call me.”

“Mom…I am in a way better place now. I will be able to handle it.” I told her.

“Find a counselor if you need one…actually here is a list my girl friend gave me.” She said pulling a paper out of her back pocket. I took it and looked at the names.

“Okay. I will look into it.” I said and smiled.

 “So how is the living situation?” She asked.

“Living with Anna and Thomas for a while but Anna and I want our own place.” I said to mom.

“I don’t know…I need to keep an eye on my little sisters.” Thomas said. Anna gave him an eye roll.

“Well tell me how that goes…but I like all you guys together.” My mom said.

“Mom…”

“Okay…umm you guys have your passports.” My mom said. We shook our heads. “Money…?” We shook our heads. “Umm okay then. I guess this is goodbye.”

“No it is see you later.” I said with my eyes welling up.

“Yes…I will see you all soon…and if you guys need anything we will call you. Your father wired money to your accounts.” I looked at her and shook my head up and down.

“Okay well…I love you.” My mom said and hugged me. “Bye baby.” She said and then released me. I stood their feeling a bit empty. “Bye baby.” She said to my sister and then to my brother.

“Okay…go before I cry.” She said shooing us away. We laughed and grabbed our luggage and started for the door. I was the last to leave the house and I looked back at my mom who was watching us filing into the truck. She waved and I could tell she was holding back her tears.

“Oh I think I can squeeze into the truck.” She said and we laughed. She was coming to see us off to the airport.

It wasn’t until we reached the security line that everything was dawning on me. I was going back to America. I was starting college. I was leaving my mother in Suriname. I would be in the same country as my father, the same state and city for that matter. I was going to be in the same country as Amira and Emma again. I would be in the same vicinity as James. I took one last look at my mom and waved and then disappeared toward the seating area for my plane.

“Getting on this plane…” I sent a text to Amira and Emma.

“Hell yeah…reunion…can’t wait to see that ass.” Amira texted back. I laughed and my siblings looked at me as if I were crazy.

“Is Amira and Emma going to NYU with you?” Thomas asked.

“Yup.” I smiled.

“And how about James?” My brother continued. I looked at him and then felt a pang of fear, excitement, and my heart pacing. Shit. James and I both applied to NYU. It was his dream school too. I did not know if he got in. If he wanted to go there or if he decided to go to a school that gave him the opportunity to play football. I don’t know. I hope he went to a southern school. But deep down I knew that he would be there at NYU and deep down I wanted him to be there. I wanted another chance to be free…free to love him unconditionally, unencumbered, untainted, again. I wanted another chance. I wanted to be free with him…in love!

AND WHAT SOPHIA WANTS SHE WILL GET. CAUSE WHEN I ARRIVE...I..AH BRING THE FIRE!!!!