Chapter 5 (Part 1): Breaking The Bad News Made Me Get Closer To You

“What do you mean we are not hanging out tonight?” James said loudly as we stood in the empty hallway. We were in the middle of the 3rd period and I texted him to meet me by the storage closet on the 5th floor of the east wing of our school.

           I had to break the news to him about my dear friend's Emma awesome couple night! I knew he would react like that because Friday was his night. He had late practice for the majority of the week so he could not come over and Friday was the only night that he could see me. We would either just spend the night lounging in one of our houses or go a couple of towns over to have our own little date night.

           The way James looked at me, it was as if I just told him the worst thing in the world. I wanted to smile at how disappointed he was. It was cute, a turn on even. But I knew that would irk him and in this moment, I did not want him to be any more angered than he already was. So I scrapped the urge to smile and maintained a serious face.

            “Umm…the girls.” I said looking down at the floor and playing with my fingers timidly. “They like…you know set up a couples night.” I whispered. There was an awkward silence and then I moved my head slowly upward to meet his eyes. He looked like he wanted to snap my neck and then kiss me. It was such a strange face reaction.

            “Don’t be mad.” I whispered. His face softened and then he rolled his eyes. Of course he was mad. He was in love with me and I was in love with him, yet I was standing here, telling him, I had a date with my other boyfriend on his date night. Just thinking about this is making my head hurt.

            “We have not seen each other for like… mad days… and you know this is my day. I don’t understand what is going on here.” He said looking at me. I swallowed and then ran my fingers through my hair.

            “I am sorry but like, they always wanted to do a couples night and like…” I said and he pressed his body up against mine. Luckily I was leaning on the wall and it gave me support.  I looked in his eyes and he gleamed back at me. I smiled like an idiot as his right hand slid around my waist cupping my side. I turned my head away from him to smile gleefully. He smirked at me and then used his other hand to move my head back in his direction.

               "James." I whined as if I did not want him to kiss me. He ignored me and then did what he wanted to do. He pressed his lips against mine and I closed my eyes. It was fun and cute how we played with each other’s lips. He kissed me and I would pull back and then I would kiss him and he would pull back. This went on for a few seconds until we both got way to excited to play this foolish game. When we started to kiss smoothly, he dropped his left hand to my waist and pulled me into him as he pressed himself onto me.

            My heart rate was rising and I was breathing like an overweight person who walked up 26 flights of stairs. I circled my arms around his neck. He pulled his lips away from mine, so that he could kiss my neck. I was in euphoria. I let out a gasp as I keep my eyes close. He was showering my neck and chest from left to right and then right to left. His hands roamed under my shirt and carrassed my stomach. His right fingers slid under my bra stimulating my nipples. He knew what turned my body on more than I knew what turned my body on. It was the most exhilarating feeling that I ever had in school. 

            I grabbed his head to stop him from kissing my chest. It was leading to a place that we could not go to on school grounds.

            “We have to stop.” I whispered.

            “We can skip.” He said. “My house is free.” He held my hands and kissed me again.

            “James.” I laughed and then pressed my head against the wall and looked up at the ceiling.

            “I love you.” He said as he showered my neck area again with kisses. I kissed him and then smiled.

            “I love you too.” I said truthfully. At this moment in time I was the most sure of my feelings. 

After sharing our sincere “I love you” to each other, we just stood there locking our eyes until he hugged me. But it wasn’t a regular hug but rather a longing for you, I need you in my life always, and loving kind of hug.  I liked this hug a lot.

He just rested his head on my shoulder, which was a bit awkward since he was so tall. But he nonetheless, had his head on my shoulder, and his left hand cupped my waist as his right hand was tangled in my hair with his fingers massaging my scalp. It felt so good and I could not pull away. I did not care that we were in school and that my ‘boyfriend’ might walk by or one of his friends. I was so captivated in that moment.

            “I love you a…lot.” He said in a low voice in my ear. He kissed me softly on my ears and I closed my eyes. I rubbed his back up and down and just took in his scent. I don’t know how long we just held each other but all I know I felt like someone was watching us. So I opened my eyes but of course no one was there. I looked at James and with my eyes; I told him we had to get back to class. He did not want to part but we pulled away and walked our separate ways.

         I never felt so warm in my life. As I walked with my friends to our lunch table, it was like James’ was still holding me. But he wasn’t it was Mel with his arm around my neck.

          “Finally, we are all going on a date..., together.” Emma streaked. I smiled at how happy she was. I slowly sat down and searched the football table for James. He was there looking uninterested in what Amanda was saying. His eyes met mine and I could not help but discretely smile with my eyes. When Mel sat down next to me and then kissed my cheek, I noticed James turn his head away from me. I looked down at my plate and tuned out after that.

            I never thought in a million years that this would happen, that I, Sophia McKenzie would fall in love with James Hastings. But I did! I had it bad and he did too. Now I was in this situation with this guy, Mel who was a great guy also, and the guy that owned my heart James.

             Poor Mel, he truly liked me and I did too but it happened a moment too late for Mel to win my heart.My heart belonged with James and there was no denying that.

___________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Is Sophia bugging? What is up with her double life? Who do you like Team James or Team Mel? And do you think someone is watching them?