CHAPTER 31: WE WILL NEVER BE A FAMILY AGAIN

A/N: This is the last offical numbered chapter. the next upload is the epilogue...and that will transition into the new book....part 2 in the series...what what...All your questions will be answered. In this short chapter. Wow guys this book took me and you on a ride. I loved the success of the story and appreciate all those that stuck by it through its ups and downs and drama and twists and turns. I will be editing this and putting it out to the ebook world. there may be changes so yeah. I will give a little teaser and ask all those to add the story to their library and vote and all that jazz. okay so get ready. The College Edition will be crazy...alot of sex, lies, getting back together, and family crap. hell yeah...if HS was crazy college will be even that much more fun. Sophia was humbled but she did not get wack!!!! lol

Chapter 31: We Will Never Be a Family Again

            “You…” My mother screamed and struck him in the face.

            “Sophia…tell your mother the truth.” My father demanded. I looked at him shocked. I sat up and wiped my eyes.

            “Dad…did not molest me.” I said clearly. “But I told him that I would tell people that if he did not come clean about what he did to you by the time I turned 18.”

            “What?” My mother asked.

            “When James brought that envelope to me that day. I was noisy and looked in it. It had pictures of dad and some woman in there.” I said. My mother looked at my father.  I could tell she was holding back tears.

            “I confronted dad about it.” I said.

            “You had an affair?” My mother asked. He remained quiet.

            “I said that I was going to tell mom that…he cheated and we got into a physical altercation. He pinned me down on the bed and in the interim….” I stopped and looked down. “He did touch me down there inappropriately and said that when I grew up, I would love sex just like him.”

            “So I did exaggerate to James about the longevity and the intensity but it is true that James’ father knew and attached to the photos was some deal about some business….and he did touch me.”

            My mother looked at my father and cleared her throat. “I hate you.” She said to him.

“It was a mistake.” He said.

“I…” My mother cried and I sat up and hugged her.

“Tell her you are sorry dad….tell me you are sorry.” I screamed at him.

“I am sorry.” He said and it seemed genuine. “I need to counseling.”

“No we need a divorce.” She said and wiped her eyes.

“No baby we can work it out. I was younger and I did not understand what this life was all about.”

“Well now you know…there are actions and then there are repercussions…consequences.” My mother said. It was like her words were not for him alone but for me.

“Sophia and I are staying in Suriname.” She said. I exhaled.

“Sophia needs to finish school.” My dad said. “It is her senior year.”

My mother exhaled and then looked at me. It was as if she had just realized this. “Do you feel safe around your father? I don’t even fully believe that him touching you was a onetime thing. You told James the truth…right.”

“Half.” I said.

“You don’t have to hide anything from me.” She told me.

“I am telling the truth. I exaggerated but he did touch me.”

“Well do you want to go to America?” She asked me. I was surprised and elated to have my own ability to choice and control my life again.

“I want to finish off school in Suriname.” I said.

“She is finishing off school here. I am staying here. I am filing for divorce and you can disappear to your fucking affair now.” She screamed. “I will tell the other kids.”

“No I will see them.” My dad said.

“You want to fuck their lives up too. I will speak to them.” My mother cussed and I was surprised. My dad stood down.

“There is no way for us to work this out.”

“Maybe the affair but never the molestation.” My mother said.

Her saying that word made me feel dirty and I shied away from their conversation. My dad looked at me.

“Sophia…I am sorry. I never met to touch you like that…but it was no excuse. I know it will take time but I hope you can forgive me and we can all be a family again.”

“I forgive you.” I said and then looked at my mom. “We will always be blood but I don’t think we will ever be a family again.”