Chapter 14: School Me

FML! I had to go to school. I woke up with the mission to show James’ that I was not going to get schooled by him. If he was a player, I was the player-tress. I was not going to act all depressed and hurt. I was Sophia McKenzie at the end of the day. And that Anthony, if he thinks that sex tape is going to surface, I will kill him before it does. I was going to embrace my man…Mel and give James the finger. Why sit here and cry anymore. I cried my eyes out on my mom’s stomach last night, soaking her shirt with my salty tear water. I was through with crying and through with him. Well as much as I could be, at the end of the day he is and will always be my first love.

I dragged on my long-selve skin tight black and white striped tank top dress and pulled my black thigh-highs up my legs, pairing the ensemble with my black wedges. I was going to look super sexy even if it was the beginning of fall. I curled my hair and added a little make-up to my skin to bring out my features.  My body looked like an hour glass, curved up. My face looked like a model and I was ready to attack.

I drove to school and knew exactly what I had to do. I had to make him eat from my palm; make him want to kiss my feet, clear my path so I can walk. I had to make him want me again. And then I can graciously reject him like he did me. I know it was childish but I am in high school and don’t we all want revenge.

I stepped out my car after texting Mel to meet me by my lockers. I walked with that Sophia McKenzie confidence. My strut was better than the models walking in a show at NYC Mercedes Benz fashion week. I opened the school door and it was like the school population froze. I chuckled to myself. I started to walk to the beat of “Brick and Lace” (Jamaican Artists) song “Love is Wicked” (check the side to hear it). The song was so fitting for the occasion.

I smiled as I walked pass the football crew. I saw Anthony on the sidelines of the crew. It was clear that James and Anthony were acting as if the weekend did not happen. That was probably ordered by the parents. Anthony looked me up and down and I flipped my hair. I continued to eye the entire crew and my eyes landed on James whos arm was around Amanda's neck. She gave me the eye. I rolled my eyes back. She did not have to fight me..he was all hers. She won without even trying. I was the fool for playing a game with him before I understood the rules. But now I do. And I am willing to show him who I am and how I can get schooled and school right back! I licked my lips and chuckled as I walked past James.

“What mek, this gal so hot today?” Amira asked in her Jamaican accent loudly bringing my eyes away from James. I laughed as she and Emma came to my side and hugged me. I smiled at my girls.

“Hey girls.” I said.

“Omg, never do that shit again…you okay.” Emma asked. I shook my head up and down.

“You have to tell us what the hell that was about.” Amira said. I smiled.

“It was just my dad overacting…as usual. But we can talk later. I have to…” I said and then looked at Mel leaning on my locker. The girls followed my eyes and then chuckled. They let go of my arms and told me to do my thing. I walked to Mel. I knew James’ was watching. His eye contact with me earlier made me know he was watching.

I grabbed Mel’s collar sexily and then crashed my lips into his. I was going to put on a show. Mel pulled me into his waist and started to move his hands down to my butt cheeks. I did not stop him; I just wrapped my arms around his neck and intensified to the kiss. He squeezed my butt and I giggled as I pulled away.

“Good morning.” I said winking at him and then opened my locker.

“Morning.” He said and then held me from behind. “Everything was okay with the parents?” He asked.