Chapter 8: Our Sweetest Escape

James just drove and I just stared out the window as if the worst thing just happened to me. I suppose it did. My perfect little life just got crazy. I mean my dad smacked me like I was some real whore and then my mom kicked me out! I guess she did that because she had my best interests in mind. I don't know but it was just so hurtful and I just feel totally misunderstood.

In a weird sense I cause the whole dam thing. I really should have never said yes to Mel and I really shouldn't have allowed James to have sex with me in dark and hate me in the light.

"James..." I said turning to face him as we drove on the Long Island Expressway.

"Yeah Soph... Feeling better? You know your folks did not mean it. They just mad." He said slightly turning his head to look at me but then turning back to look at the road.

"Yeah I suppose." I rolled my eyes. I wasn't. Ready to forgive and forget yet. "But I want to ask you something!"

"Shoot."

I looked at him and then totally adjusted my body on my seat. I sat leaning on the door with my left leg pulled in toward my core.

"Why do we hide our relationship?" I asked blankly. I could tell that my question surprised him. He looked at me and then refocused his eyes on the road.

"You know why!" He said.

" Umm I know why it began but why did we prolong it?"

"Well does that even matter anymore, Anthony going to blow the whistle." He said annoyed obviously as he rehashed that awful incident in his mind.

"I mean, why don't we just date like regular people." I said. It wasn't until he turned to me with that incredulous smirk that he had, did I realize how funny the statement was. We both began to laugh.

"Because Soph we are not regular people" He teased. I rolled my eyes.

"I think we should come clean before he oust us." I said.

"He is blackmailing me, he still will put the sex video out." James said almost sure that it was going to happen. I sighed. What an embarrassment that would be. Our private and intimate life on display for the whole school and whoever else to see as if we are some porn stars.

"Now you know his dad, your dad, and my dad will not allow that video to to get out. I am sure even though my dad is mad he is lawyering up the entire ordeal." I said unimpressed with Anthony's threat.

James turned the car off the highway and proceeded to his family's Hampton residence.

"That is true." He finally agreed.

"So what do you say... boyfriend?" I said and winked my eyes. He looked at me and then stopped the car at the red light.

"As long as the sex does not change I will be whatever you want me to be." He whispered seductively as he leaned toward me. I smirked and then kissed those lips that just seem to be the root of my troubles.

"I think you deserve a special treat tonight." James said as he pulled back and proceeded to drive.

"And what do you have in mind! You are the one injured and crap." I said looking at his cuts and bruised skin.

"That is mine!" He said taking his right hand off the steering wheel and using his left hand to drive, while his right hand slide between my legs. I quivered under his touch but snapped my thighs shut.

"Don't puinhoop met mij.” I said in Dutch, alerting him not to mess with me. He laughed and then pinched me like old times.

“Sweetie, I am not messing with you and if you don’t open your legs, I am going to really get you wet.” He said. I laughed and then slowly opened my legs.  He laughed and then turned the car into his family’s driveway.