Chapter 17: POSITIVE

I don’t know why I started to laugh. I just cracked up like a deranged idiot. I looked at the positive sign on the pregnancy test and just laughed. James looked at me confused. I could not stop laughing until the tears started to come from my eyes. My life was just a classic case of confusion and fuck up-ness. James leaned down and pulled me to my feet. I started to laugh-cry against his chest. He rubbed my back and told me that it will be fine. We were going to be 18 years old in a few months and we would make the right decisions. I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

“Where did you get this shit from…It is wrong.” I said referring to the pregnancy test as I wiped my eyes. He smiled awkwardly and simply as if I our life was not about to be over.

“It’s from CVS.” He smiled. I wanted to smack him. Why was he happy? This was not a happy occasion. I did not want to be a teen mother. I did not want to be like those girls on MTV. I did not want to have my life ruined due to my sexual in digressions.

“Stop smiling…this is terrible. I don’t even like you anymore.” I said pushing him against the chest. He grabbed my hands and laughed.

“Whatever…we ain’t breaking up though.” He smiled. I wanted to smack him with the pregnancy test. He pulled me into a hug. James kissed my neck softly and then rubbed my back.

“I love you and I know we can work through all of this.”

“I am with child…James. What is there to work through? I hate you and I sure as hell hate that your sperm is bionic and I am pretty sure my dad is going to kill me with his hands and feet when he finds out.” I said and then held my head. He smiled.

“One we have to get the parents together and deal with that properly.” He said. I looked up at him and wanted to kiss him. He was so cute when he was serious.

“I hope the baby looks like you.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“I need a second opinion…and furthermore how do you know I am keeping it.” I said and he tightened his jaw.

“Because…” He said and then paused. “Sophia…you don’t believe in abortions.”

“I never told you that. I said that…” He cut me off and began to speak.

“You said that it should only be used if it is an emergency like… life threatening or when someone was raped…you said that back in that room across the hall.” He said and then pointed to the door as if I did not remember where my room was.

“I know what I said and I am entitled to change my opinion. This is life changing.” I said and then broke away from our hugging and walked out of the bathroom.

He followed and then as we entered my bedroom he said, “I know that. It is life changing for me too.”

“Not the same way. You can leave and not have the scar. No one has to know if you are the father. No will judge you. I am the one that will have a fucking huge ass stomach and people will call me a slut or fast ass.” I said truthfully. “And to be honest I am a slut and a fast ass…thanks to you.” I pointed to him. He grunted and brushed off what I said.

He sat on my bed as I sat down on it as well. He looked at me. “So what are you saying?”

“I don’t know what I am saying. All I am saying is that I am tired and I want you to go.” I said on the verge of tears as I lied down on my bed. I was frustrated and waving my hands like a deranged person. He looked at me and then I gave him my back. I felt the bed slope. I thought he got up but then I felt him hold me from behind. Even though, I said I wanted him to go, I really did not want him to go. I was glad that he was holding me.