MCIF Chapter 1

1.1 Hunt of the Ice and Snow Worshipper

Under the blazing sun, a tall and high-spirited male was slowly moving with a child. The male wore a fiery red magic robe. Near the area of his upper abdomen is a flame embroidered in gold. This represents his status as a magister. Golden hair draped behind him and a distinctively angular bronze face that seemed as if it were peeled with a knife and chiseled with a hatchet. However, his brown eyes revealed a faint sorrow.

"Nian Bing, are you tired yet?" The man lowered his head as he asked the child in front of him.

The boy was only as tall as the man's waist, but together they had six points of resemblance. However, the boy's facial lines were soft, but they had the same golden hair. Even though the boy was still young, he still had a handsome appearance, even more eye-catching than the tall man. He possessed a pair of water blue eyes. His body appeared to be frail and weak. This was due to his tired, pale complexion.

He firmly shook his head, "Dad, I'm not tired. Are we going to see Mom yet? I... I really miss Mom."

The tall man raised his head and look at the blazing sun, it appeared as if the glaring sunshine didn't have the slightest effect on him. "Thats right, We're going to see your mother. It's been ten years, and now you're already ten as well. These ten past years, the world was big, but we've yet to find a place we can call home. Regardless, this time we must go see your mother. Even if the cost is my life."

Nian Bing was still young after all and didn't fully understand his own father, "Why didn't they let use see Mom?"

The tall man snorted coldly, his eyes seemed like they were spouting fire, "They, hmmph, they... Nian Bing, you are still young. Wait until you grow up, then you'll understand. For your mother, father would give up everything. But I would hate to part with you! You are still so young. We've arrived at the village, so stay over there and wait for father, okay?"

"No, Father, I want to go with you to find mother together. Mother doesn't want me anymore. Could it be that you don't want me either?" Nian Bing's eye was a bit red. He tightly grasped his father's hand.

The tall man took a scroll out of his bosom and put it in Nian Bing's hand. "Do you remember how to use the evacuation magic scroll? It possible for you to go with me but we've reached a desperate moment. You must remember how to use this scroll. It will help bring you to a safe place. The day before yesterday, Father drew a magic array at that place."

Nian Bing held the magic scroll, nodded cutely, and said, "Dad, I know."

The tall man sighed saying, "It is a shame the time we have together is so brief; your talent is even greater than mine. If time had permitted I would have taught you much. Perhaps you could become the most powerful fire mage in the continent. However, time does not allow me to wait any longer. If I cannot get to the Ice God's stronghold by tomorrow, then we will never be able to your mother again.

Nian Bing seemed to understand yet didn't but still nodded saying, "Father, I will definitely become a powerful fire mage like you."

The tall man's eyes showed a trace of haziness, "I remember years ago, when I was with your mother, we discussed this. What kind of magic should our child practice? She wanted the child to be an ice mage, I wanted fire. Since fire and ice are not compatible with one another, our child could only choose one. At the time, your mother said, if the child were a boy, he'd then study under me to become a fire mage. Were the child a girl, she'd study under her mother to become an ice mage. Now I remember it, as if she were right there in front of me, her words still ringing in my ears, but she's already gone. "

Saying it here, his voice unexpected sounded a bit proud, "I, Fire Magic Scholar Rong Tian, swear to the heavens that I will stop the Ice Goddess Worshipper's Inheritance Ceremony, and take back my wife."