MCIF Chapter 15.3

Chapter 15.3 – The Mage Association

Walking side by side, Li De told Nian Bing, “Later, I will arrange your living quarters for you. This is one of the privileges of a Great Mage.”

Nian Bing’s heart became heavy. He asked, “Magic Scholar Li De, then, may I still go outside?”

Li De slightly smiled and said, “Of course, you may. In the Association, apart from special orders, no one can restrict your freedom. You are completely free to come or go. You may even go outside to travel. I’ll assign a room to be a permanent residence for your return. However, I suggest you cultivate more and use your magic force to promote yourself to the next level. Currently, I’m looking forward  to witnessing your breakthrough to the Magic Scholar’s realm. Come, we have already arrived at the library.” He led Nian Bing to the side and walked into a seemingly unremarkable building.

The interior of the building was very clean. When looking from the outside, it appeared to have four floors, and each floor wasn’t very high. This aspect gave the building an unremarkable impression. Li De faintly smiled and said, “This is the place. This library has a total of four floors. This is the only place on the continent that holds such an abundance of knowledge. You can read the books here, but you absolutely can’t borrow any of these books, especially the ones on the third and fourth floors. Oh, that’s right! You still can’t go to the fourth floor. Let me give you an introduction to the library. Similar to how mages have differences between each rank, each floor contains different kinds of information. For example, the first floor has information that is mostly suitable for Elementary Mages and Intermediate Mages to read. The second floor is for the Advanced Mages and the Great Mages. Then there is the third floor which can only be entered when one has the strength of a Magic Scholar. As for the highest, not to mention, the smallest floor, a lot of records of extinct high-level magic are kept. Only those who have reached the realm of Magister and have the permission of the Mage Association’s President are allowed to enter this floor to consult the materials. Although the President has yet to see you, the impression he has of you is very deep because of your magic control force almost reaching the realm of Magic Scholar. He specially informed me repeatedly that you are permitted to consult the magic books on the third floor. With this, you can learn many things. Later, when you travel outside for experience, what you see here will properly prepare you for your journey; you won’t lack magic spells, nor will your own strength be badly affected. The President might return in a while. At that time, he will likely call you for a chat. In the case there are some parts you can’t understand while reading, you can always ask for guidance from ice Magic Scholar Wa Lun. His magic level compared to mine is less profound. In the Association, he’s only the Fourth Elder.”

When Nian Bing looked at the two rows of bookshelves, his heart couldn’t help but burst with a sudden urge to read. For a mage, this place is basically a treasure-trove. Of course, the books in the library weren’t only about magic spells. The collection also included several records on magic, as well as notes left behind by mages. With those notes, it was already precious enough. “Teacher Li De, many thanks to you. May I address you in this way?”

Li De faintly smiled and said, “Of course you may. Watching you youngsters gradually grow, I truly feel a lot older. Nowadays, I merely wish that before I die, I would be able to see our Ice Moon Empire Mage Association become more powerful and entrust everything to your young generation. If there is an opportunity, you and Ling’er should interact more since the both of you are similar to ice Great Mages. Although, when compared to you, Ling’er’s magic force and magic control is still lacking. However, that girl is very smart. When it comes to magic, she already has her original views on it. If you two were to interact together more often, anyone would say that this is a good thing.”