MCIF Chapter 34.1

34.1 The Flame God’s Roar

Mao Mao giggled and said, “Na Na is the craftiest. She likes to bully the other babies, especially Tian Tian. I, whose name is Xi Yun, summon you. Come out my pet, Guan Guan.” A red light flashed in Mao Mao’s hands this time. A little pink pig appeared in her embrace and wiggled it’s chubby butt. It was the same size as the big rat, Tian Tian, only thirty centimeters long.

Nian Bing looked at the cute pink pig and count not help but exclaim in admiration. “That really is a prime ingredient for roast suckling pig!” After saying this, he was met with indignant gazes. Mao Mao angrily glared at Nian Bing. “Big Brother, what are you saying? You’re not allowed to talk about Guan Guan like that. He is so cute and you…you actually want to eat it?”

Nian Bing said sheepishly, “Sorry Mao Mao. It’s just a habit from my profession.”

Mao Mao harrumphed. She said, “Guan Guan is the cutest. It has always been super cute since it was little.. Occasionally, its big ears would stand erect, like a proper little official. That’s why I called him Guan Guan.1 Guan Guan, don’t be scared. Big Sister will protect you. There won’t be anyone who can harm you.” The pink piglet had furiously buried his head in Mao Mao’s embrace, exposing it’s wiggling butt. Hearing Mao Mao’s words, it had seemed to have regained its courage. It poked out its head out from Mao Mao’s embrace and looked around outside. When its beady pig eyes fell on Feng Nu, it was strangely not afraid at all; it seemed to be more interested. It two little eyes flashed dark red.

Feng Nu’s eyes held a hint of surprise. “Mao Mao, where did all your pets come from?”

Mao Mao giggled and said, “Of course they were bred by Daddy! However, they haven’t reached their final form yet. I’m afraid of walking on the road alone, so I brought them with me. Anyway, they have a contract with me. I, whose name is Xi Yun, summon you. Come out my pet, Dan Dan.” As Mao Mao summoned her final beast, the massive cow emerged, instantly dwarfing the other three beasts. With two “moo”s, it appeared next to Mao Mao.

Hearing the sound of the cow, Na Na, the fox who had been perched on top of Tian Tian, the big rat, suddenly raised its head. It’s small eyes emitted a sinister light. With a fierce leap, the fire-red figure was immediately suspended from the milk cow’s stomach. When looking closely, you could see it suckling on the cow’s tit, gulping down its milk.

Mao Mao said in dissatisfaction, “Na Na, you are the naughtiest.”

One pig, one cow, one fox, as well as one big rat composed Mao Mao’s four greatest summoned beasts. Although they looked like nothing much, Nian Bing could faintly sense that these summoned beasts were not so simple.

Feng Nu hoisted out a sack of rice from the kitchen and scattered the grain on the ground. The large grey rat and Guan Guan the pink piglet almost simultaneously pounced, immovably bound to the pile of rice.

The milk cow bellowed angrily and tried to shake off the fox. But the fox had grabbed onto its belly tightly. Despite its efforts, it could not prevent it’s milk from being sucked away into the fox’s belly.

Mao Mao comforted the cow. “Dan Dan, behave a little more. There is nothing here for Na Na to eat, so just let her drink your milk. Do you want to eat some rice?”

Dan Dan’s huge eyes looked innocent, but Nian Bing knew without a doubt that if the fox was on the ground, the cow would immediately trample the fox to death.

“Nian Bing, we will start.” Feng Nu’s level voice suddenly pierced Nian Bing’s ears. Nian Bing looked at her and she looked right back at him. Melancholy at parting suddenly spread through Nian Bing’s chest. He nodded and said, “I will be troubling you.”