MCIF Chapter 12.2

Chapter 12.2 - Magic Reaper

"You're going to beat me to death? Ha, the first one to die will be you!" As the black clothed man raised his right hand, a fiery light radiated and a fireball appeared on the palm of his hand. The fireball grew several times bigger in a blink of an eye, reaching the size of a human head. The blazing light shined in the dark night, illuminating the skull mask of the black clothed man and causing it to appear even more mysterious and strange.

Third Manager Liao was so startled that he nearly retreated several steps, but he held his ground. He spoke in a fierce and unyielding manner, but concealed deep within him was the terror he truly felt. "You are a mage! Has the Pure Wind House hired you to deal with me?"

The black clothed man coldly said, "No. This is the will of the Heavens. You don't need to know my identity. You can ask again in Hell!" Suddenly, the fiery light shined brighter as the fireball was released at a great speed, hammering through the air towards Third Manager Liao. Third Manager Liao did not waste more words on someone who was he could easily kill. His whole body emitted a yellow radiance as he waved his hand in front of him and used his fan to block the fireball. Although mages were revered, as long as a warrior wasn't facing a high level mage, one would not be at a disadvantage in this kind of situation. Therefore, Third Manager Liao didn't fear anything. He believed that he could use his dou qi to destroy this simple fireball without even thinking about it. After that, he would just defeat this mage.

The fireball whistled through the air until it was about to come in contact with the fan, and then, Bang! It suddenly changed direction and rose into the air, drawing a beautiful arc. The fan, which contained all of the Third Manager's dou qi, suddenly missed, and the strong strike was delivered to the wall beside him. The strike contained all of his anger. His dou qi's might was great indeed . As dust and smoke dispersed, a huge hole could suddenly be seen where he had hit the wall.The interval between his dou qi pouring out and the wall exploding was the moment when his body's dou qi defense was at its weakest.

Right at that moment, a thin ray of serene blue light that lay camouflaged by the dark blue color of the night shot out and perforated Third Manager Liao's head right between his eyebrows, before fading away. He didn't even have the time to pull back his fan to defend. It was as if some kind of envoy from Hell sent to capture souls. His body stood still for moment, then, suddenly, it started to spasm violently. He was bombarded by the fireball from behind soon after. The flames consumed him layer upon layer until he became a charred corpse. His life had already been ended by the blue ray of light, therefore he hadn't even had the time to let out a blood-curling scream. His tall and robust body dropped loudly on the ground as the dark alley was illuminated by the flames. The black clothed man wearing a skull mask said in a somewhat hoarse voice, "For those who treat me kindly, I'll repay them tenfold. For those who have earned my enmity, I'll destroy them!" That man was Nian Bing. Since morning, he clearly remembered having been humiliated. With the exception of the Ice God Pagoda, which he had already vowed not to cross until he possessed formidable strength, there was no way he would accept getting insulted by anyone. Today was the first time he had killed a person. However, there was not even a trace of dread in his mind. For him, the death of Third Manager Liao was similar to that of an ant. It was hardly relevant.

For many years, his heart was filled with pent-up frustrations. By killing Liao, he was able to alleviate his frustrations. It couldn't be said that Nian Bing's heart was carefree, as deep inside, a part of his heart was brimming with darkness, so much that his body was emitting a trace of sinister aura.

Suddenly, he sensed a gloomy and cold aura coming from behind. The aura was sharp, and although it didn't reach his body, he could still perceive a faint pain in his back. Without hesitation, he took the Morning Dew knife out from his bosom in a flash. A blue-green brilliance spread out and sliced the light that shot toward his back. At that very moment, there was only one thing in his mind: everything is like firewood.