MCIF Chapter 7

Chapter 7.1 - Fusion of Ice and Fire

Zha Ji walked in front of Hua Tian, took the precious ice-cold knife and gave it to Nian Bing. "We won't be courteous then. However, don't you have a sheath to go with the knife?"

Hua Tian looked at the knife for a while as if reluctant to part with it before he turned to walk back into the house. As he came back out he tossed a rusty sheath at Nian Bing. "This sheath was made using cold steel. After specially enhancing it, the sheath is compatible with the icy blade. When you insert the knife into the sheath, the blade will not touch the sheath at all. This sheath also has the ability to hide the icy nature of the blade. It looks like this time I really made a huge loss."

Nian Bing inserted the Knife into the sheath. The teal aura emitting from it decreased and the coldness had disappeared. The Ice and Snow Goddess's stone shone a blue light as per usual. After looking at the knife in his hand, Nian Bing respectfully bowed deeply towards Hua Tian. "Thank you senior for giving me this knife. Senior, since this knife is different after it had the gemstone embedded in it, please give the knife a name."

A dim radiance glimmered from Hua Tian's eyes. "Pure dew from limpid autumn waters, chilling the sky and freezing the earth. Let's call it, Morning Dew Knife."

Zha Ji praised, "Morning Dew? That's a great name!"

Nian Bing gripped Morning Dew tightly. He thought, 'Mom, I placed the Ice and Snow Goddess's stone that you had given to me in this knife. Will you blame me? I remembered that when you were leaving, you sighed. This knife also uses the Ice and Snow Goddess's stone as its spirit. Let's call it the Ice and Snow Goddess's Sigh. Ice and Snow Goddess's Sigh-Morning Dew Knife.' Just like that, a peerless treasured knife had appeared in the world.

Hua Tian looked exhaustedly towards Zha Ji. "You should head back already. After that light ray emitted into the sky, it should have attracted the attention of martial artists. You must be careful when heading back. However, a kitchen knife? It is really lamentable for such a precious knife to be used as a kitchen knife. Damn it!" Hua Tian shouted his dissatisfaction before staggering back to his dark house.

Zha Ji pulled on Nian Bing's little hand as he found that what Broken Knife said was right. "Let's go! Let's not attract more attention. You really reaped a huge profit today." As he said that, he tore a portion of his clothing to wrap it around the handle of the knife. After covering the radiance from the Ice and Snow Goddess's stone, he gave the knife back to Nian Bing and pulled him along as he walked briskly away.

Most of the people in the Ice and Snow City had turned in for the night already. The streets were a little chilly. As they walked, Nian Bing whispered to Zha Ji, "Teacher, does Senior Hua Tian practice martial arts?"

Zha Ji smiled. "You can say that he does, but can also say that he doesn't. Even though he practices Dou Qi, he doesn't know any martial art techniques. With his Nine Leaving Dou Qi, he should have already reached the level of a great sword master and can also possibly reach the Martial Saint realm; without knowing any martial techniques. His Nine Leaving Dou Qi came purely from his training. You have already seen that the fire from Dou Qi is of the best quality. So what could be a more suitable way in using it, other than to craft weapons?"

"Teacher, is it impossible to use Dou Qi for cooking? There should be different types of Dou Qi!" Nian Bing asked curiously.

Zha Ji shook his head in disagreement. "The power of the Dou Qi is too overbearing, particularly because of its explosive nature. However with magic, we can control it as we please. Let's stop talking for now and continue after returning to the inn. We will head back to Peach Blossom Forest early in the morning tomorrow. On our journey back, don't ever remove the knife from its sheath. If someone saw it, we won't be able to protect your precious knife."