MCIF Chapter 12.3

Chapter 12.3 - Magic Reaper

It was a graceful figure practicing various elegant forms. The handle of the longsword was glittering with a red radiance, twisting and flipping up and down, creating traces of red light. The solidified dou qi that the figure was emitting undulated strongly, as the surrounding flowers, plants and trees rustled under its brush. At that moment, the one performing the sword-dance was Xue Jing. It seemed that she was very fond of the color red. Even though she had change her clothes for a long cheongsam, it was still flame-colored. It made her figure appear more vigorous. Her movements were as moving clouds and flowing water, and were generally not lacking agility. Nian Bing was somewhat puzzled. 'It's this late at night, but she hasn't returned to her room to sleep. Why is she still here performing a sword-dance? Nevermind her. Besides, I still have to go back and use several healing spells on myself to take care of my injuries.'

As he had decided, he started to quietly walk away. But just as he was about to leave, his foot stepped on a bunch of flowers and plants which produced an extremely muffled sound.

"Who's there?" Nian Bing secretly cursed. He hurriedly threw the black gown and mask in the midst of the flowers and plants as fast as he could. He had barely done it when a red cloud leaped from the wall of the courtyard to the garden and swiftly appeared in front of him. The red light was coming from Xue Jing's long sword, which was already resting on Nian Bing's neck. With that stream of dou qi circulating in the air, he didn't dare rush into action.

Xue Jing evidently remembered Nian Bing to some extent because of his handsome features. Her brows slightly creased as she said, "It's you. Didn't they send you to the firewood house to help out? What are you doing running around so late at night instead of properly resting?"

Nian Bing pretended to be fearful and alarmed and replied, "Good evening Miss. Today, I've just arrived in the city. I thought to go buy some daily life items, but I hadn't expected things in Ice-Snow city to be so expensive and so I wasn't able to buy anything. Since I've just arrived here, I'm not familiar with the streets here and took the wrong direction. That's why I came back this late. May I asked Miss, why are you still awake so late at night, instead of sleeping?"

Xue Jing snorted. She was obviously not in a very good mood. She put back the red long sword in her scabbard. "If it's like that, then it's good. If I ever find out that you came to the Pure Wind House with ill intents, you better worry for your neck."

"I don't dare! I don't dare! The fact that I can have a proper meal to eat is all thanks to Miss's generosity. I must hold on to this opportunity tightly. Miss, if there's nothing else, I'm going back first." He was gloomy although he had successfully passed through the ordeal. He could only take back his black gown and mask at a later time. After he humbly greeted Xue Jing, he hurriedly walked towards the firewood house.

"Just wait a moment." Suddenly, Xue Jing called Nian Bing. Nian Bing became rigid as his thoughts darkened. 'Don't tell me she saw me throw those things in the flowers bed? That's not possible. The sky was so dark and she's not a night owl.'

He turned around and asked, "Miss, is there another matter you wish to instruct me on?"

Xue Jing was sizing Nian Bing up and down with her eyes. Suddenly, she moved. Without any warnings, Nian Bing had to face the current situation in front of him. He reached to grab the handle of his knife hidden in his jacket near his chest and pulled it out. By the time Nian Bing had sensed the soaring clouds and harnessed fog, he had already been captured although his Snowstorm was ready to be activate. This was the first time it had ever happened to him. He lowered his right hand touching the Morning Dew knife on his chest. At the same time, his left hand was ready to cast magic. However, for him, it was disadvantageous to fight with Xue Jing, even if he would be using his fastest reaction speed.