MCIF Chapter 32

Chapter 32.1: Luo Rou Begs

Giving Nian Bing the ring, Long Zhi said, “Wear it, nothing of mine remains inside any longer. Even though it is a space magic item, any kind of magic power can be poured into it because of an ingenious magic array. By inputting your power, your items can be stored inside.

Putting the ring on, Nian Bing subconsciously sent some of his spiritual power to probe inside. As expected, he could sense a large space with his possessions. With a thought, he poured magic power into the ring. Under the control of his magic power, the Morning Dew Knife and Flame God’s Stone in his hands were transferred into the space.

He felt a burst of excitement. This was currently what Nian Bing needed the most. Immediately, he turned to Long Zhi and said, “Master, thank you.”

Long Zhi laughed then said, “As a master, this is the sentence that I want to hear most. Okay, we shall begin studying. If you don’t understand something, ask me.”

From that day on, Nian Bing lived a disciplined life. Besides the necessary washing of his face, he and Long Zhi scarcely left the library. Their food and drink were personally delivered by Long Ling. Under Long Zhi’s instruction, Nian Bing was able to understand the books he read much more easily. With Long Zhi sharing his insights and experiences, Nian Bing no longer needed to mull things over on his own. Although the two of them practiced different kinds of magic, Nian Bing’s range of magic understanding had deepened with Long Zhi’s help. The speed at which he read the books on the third floor increased dramatically. Every night at the same time, the Pure Wind House carriage would come pick up Nian Bing. He would hurriedly go there and just as hurriedly return. Studying magic was his greatest desire.

Unwittingly, it was already the final day of Nian Bing and Xue Ji’s promise. Although a month had passed, the Pure Wind House’s business was still exploding, especially since Nian Bing had not repeated a signature dish for thirty days. The prices, which had started at tens of purple-gold coins, had clambered up to the present value of over a hundred purple-gold coins.

After finishing today’s dish, Nian Bing did not hurriedly leave as he had before. These days, he always used Ming Yuan’s special stove to cook. Every time he cooked, he would always ask Ming Yuan to stand next to him and watch. He would try to make his movements as slow as possible so Ming Yuan could see them much more clearly.

“Master Ming, did you clearly see what I just did now?” Nian Bing washed his hands clean, then took off the chef’s hat on his head.

Ming Yuan sincerely nodded his head and said, “I would not have been able to before. Nian Bing, I truly must thank you for teaching me many things this month! Although you are younger than me, it should be I who calls you master.” Having said this, he bowed to Nian Bing.

Nian Bing jumped in fright and immediately helped Ming Yuan up. “Master Ming, you really, really don’t need to behave like that. Although we only interact with each other for less than a hour these days, your insights have been extremely helpful to me. We have helped each other. This is the nature of exchanging pointers.”

Ming Yuan said seriously, “Nian Bing, did you know? Up until now, I had always believed that it would difficult for me to advance my culinary arts. But in this month, you have let me observe your own cooking methods without any reservations and have explained all its mysteries to me. I think that if Liao Feng were to return right now, he wouldn’t be able to beat me. You have allowed me to see another door in the culinary arts. Even if you didn’t use magic, you would be a top-class chef!”

Nian Bing smiled slightly but didn’t say anything else. He lifted the curtain and walked out. Ten meters away from Ming Yuan, he was frightened by the sight in front of him; all of the chefs had stopped their work and were looking at him respectfully.