MCIF Chapter 16

Chapter 16.1 – The Fake Boyfriend Plan

Time passed quickly when reading. The library was covered with glass, attracting light from outside. Nian Bing leaned on the bookshelf, incessantly reading the things that interested him. Although the first floor had only the most basic mage knowledge, he felt as if he had discovered a treasure trove. One by one, he received the answers to the things that had occurred to his body that he previously did not understand. When Zha Ji was imparting his cooking skills to Nian Bing, he had already taught him that no matter what it is you’re learning, the foundation is the most important. For this reason, when Nian Bing was learning cooking arts, he had a deep understanding.

As the sky became progressively darker, the magic lanterns turned on. They were powered by very low grade magic stones. Nian Bing did not have any intention to leave, so he started to read his fourth book of the day, relying on the moon as a light source.

Just then, the library doors suddenly made a sound. Although Nian Bing was immersed in reading, he was still on alert. He subconsciously raised his head towards the large doors to see that it wasn’t the Mage Association President as he had imagined. Rather, it was someone he knew, the Ice Great Mage – Long Ling. She was the Mage Association’s president’s only daughter.

“It’s you?” Nian Bing called out to Long Ling, looking at her with some astonishment and he smiled slightly. Long Ling, similarly, looked at him with surprise and said, “Why are you here? Considering your magic cultivation, you don’t need to read the books on the first floor.” While talking, she closed the door. She wore the same light blue Ice Magic gown and looked warmly at Nian Bing. Her eyes smiled. When Nian Bing turned his gaze towards her, his eyes were very focused because he had just been reading a book. Along with his handsome appearance, this immediately made Long Ling’s heart race a bit.

Nian Bing stood up and shook the《Ice Magic Foundation Theory》. He smiled slightly and said, “There’s no way around it! My learning foundation was weak; studying the basics is very advantageous. Studying spells do not provide the same advantage.”

Long Ling walked to Nian Bing’s side. Her body emitted a faint, sweet scent that could not help but arouse Nian Bing’s spirit. Long Ling’s stature was not short, and compared to Xue Jing, she was only a little bit shorter. She raised her head to look at Nian Bing and said: “You are really eager to learn. I heard from Uncle Li De you haven’t left here until now. It’s already time to eat dinner now. Come on, let’s eat together. Tomorrow you can come back and read again. There are many books here; they’re not something you can finish in one or two days. You have time. Don’t tell me that you’re not hungry.?”

At the utterance of the word “hungry,” Nian Bing felt a little hunger. After eating in the morning he had not eaten anything. Putting books back carefully to where he found them, he said, “Then let’s go, Miss Long Ling. Has the President returned?” He probed a little with his question.

Long Ling shot him a glance saying, “Why are you always this polite? At the moment, you’ve already entered into the Association, and now we are all a family. Call me Ling’er. Miss, miss sounds very awkward. If we have an opportunity, I want you to teach me your method to magic control. I’ve spent enough effort in my cultivation, but in terms of control, I’m very far off from you!”

Nian Bing had a good feeling about Long Ling. No matter the time, her words were always soft-spoken; listening to it was pleasant. “Okay, Ling’er, lead the way. It’s very big here.”

The two exited the library. Long Ling led Nian Bing towards the north. While walking she said to Nian Bing, “Father returned earlier, but it was only noon, and Lord Marquis and Uncle Xue drank a lot of alcohol. When father returned, he fell asleep as soon as he put down his head. He slept for a long time before waking. When he heard you had already come, he made me call for you. Liquor can really make a mess of things. Nian Bing, do you drink alcohol?”