MCIF Chapter 25.2

Chapter 25.2 – Art Shakes the Pure Wind House 

Finally, Long Ling responded, “Rou’er was extremely bright, even as a child. No matter what it was, she always wanted to learn about it and could absorb that knowledge in a short period of time. Since she was a child until now, be it man or woman, no one had the ability to beat her. She is also very competitive. Since you are the first to make her taste defeat several times, her competitiveness, along with her curiosity towards you, has made her value you more. You absolutely cannot break away from it or there will be more trouble later on.”

Nian Bing didn’t care about it one bit as he said, “Then just let her do as she pleases, I don’t really care much about that.” In any case, after he was done learning about magic here, he would leave and would never see Luo Rou again. As such, this matter was not really that important. “Ling’er, let’s go. I still want to go back to the library and study.”

“Wait a minute.” Long Ling shouted at Nian Bing who then halted and turned back. As she looked at Nian Bing, her gaze showed hesitation.

Nian Bing asked, “What? Is there something else you want to say?”

advertisement

Long Ling bit her lower lip before responding, “Nian Bing, is it really true? Your master is really a chef and not a mage?”

Nian Bing slightly smiled. He understood what made Long Ling so anxious. His tone softened as he replied, “Ling’er, listen to me. It’s true that my master is a chef, but so is the fact that I am a mage. You have to understand that there is an inseparable relation between the two as they are a part of me. Although my cooking skills cannot be said to be the best on the whole continent, it can still be considered top-rate, and when compared to magic, there is a great gap of comprehension between the two. It only takes a moment for me to understand new cooking skills whereas it would take me longer to learn new magic spells. You can rest assured. Since I am already a member of the Association, I will fulfill the oath I made during the ceremony and abide by my promise to help your Association. I am a man of my word.”

When she heard Nian Bing’s words, Long Ling finally sighed in relief. She took the initiative to grab his large hand and emotionally said, “Thank you, Nian Bing. I… I really don’t know what I should say.”

Looking at the beautiful and gentle Long Ling, Nian Bing felt a surge of warmth rush into his heart. Unconsciously, he gripped Long Ling’s hand tighter as he said, “There is no need to say anything. Since the Association has supported me so much, this is something I ought to do as repayment.”

Suddenly, a trace of disappointment rose inside Long Ling’s heart. She realized that what she’d wished to hear Nian Bing say was, “Everything I did is for you.”

“Nian Bing, Ling’er! Are you guys not back yet?” Shi Jiu’s voice came as a timely interruption. Simultaneously, both Nian Bing and Long Ling felt a bit annoyed inside. Nian Bing quickly released Long Ling’s hand. He still had an ambitious goal, so offending Shi Jiu at this time would be quite the unwise move.

“Big Brother Shi Jiu, we’ve returned.” Nian Bing gave a profound look to Long Ling before they went inside the Mage Association.

Shi Jiu welcomed them back resentfully. “Where did you go earlier? How come you came back after such a long time? I went to the library and heard you guys had went out.”

Nian Bing answered, “Earlier, Miss Luo Rou had me accompany her to Pure Wind House to explain some things to Miss Xue Jing. Since Ling’er was present, Miss Luo Rou invited her to go along with us. In fact, she had just sent us back.”