MCIF Chapter 23

Chapter 23.1 – The Scroll of Fusion Magic

As Nian Bing closed the book, he recalled the first thing Cha Ji had told him: practice cooking for ten years, comprehend cooking for ten years. Yes, this sentence could be applied to any other domain. The word comprehension, made him see magic arrays in a whole new way. Probably, an ordinary person could study for ten years and not reach his level of comprehension.

  As usual, Long Ling accompanied Nian Bing while she cultivated her spirit force just as Nian Bing had taught. But at this moment, she hadn’t focused on cultivating because Long Zhi had given her a very important task: to manage Nian Bing’s everyday life and satisfy his every need. She hadn’t cultivated for some time, so she could look after Nian Bing.

“Are you reading?” Pulled in by his presence, Long Ling raised her head to look at Nian Bing, who had stood up.

Nian Bing smiled slightly and nodded his head. He said, “I think that we can go to the third floor now. Although I have no way of utilizing the information from there, I’m hoping to find a few things in particular. If I can employ them into my magic scrolls, they will possess special characteristics not found in any other scrolls.”

Long Ling could not believe what Nian Bing was saying. “So you’re saying that you can improve magic scrolls? But the magic scroll making method has been passed down for over a thousand years, and there hasn’t been anyone who could make any changes!”

Nian Bing chuckled, then said, “That is because our predecessors lacked the innovation to do so. I think that I should be able to do it. Although I’ve just started learning the art of magic scrolls,I’m confident in my ability to succeed, given a little bit more time to further my research.” He had already understood much from his knowledge of magic arrays, but application and theory are completely different. Right now, even if he hadn’t seen magic scroll production methods, he could already guess the higher levels of magic scroll drawing and production theory. This can be attributed to the principle of comprehension.

Based on Long Ling’s expression, it seemed she remained skeptical of him. Nian Bing bent down to pick up a piece of paper from the ground. Yes, a magic symbol was drawn on the paper. He passed the paper to Long Ling and said, “What do you see on this paper?”

Long Ling took the white paper and saw a few uncomplicated symbols. Her eyebrows creased, and she said, “There seems to be a scroll drawn here, however, from the degree of complexity, it should be a rank 2 scroll! What is the purpose of this?”

Nian Bing smiled slightly and said, “What you said is correct. This is a scroll, a low-level magic scroll. However, the rest of your words were wrong. This isn’t a rank 2 magic scroll; it’s only a rank 1. Don’t be surprised; whether or not it is a rank 1 magic scroll, it is obviously complex. There is a reason for the complexity. Take a look.” Having said this, he took the scroll from Long Ling’s hand and waved it. Under the stimulation of light blue magic, the white paper disappeared in the blink of an eye. An ice cone appeared in mid-air and suddenly homed in on Long Ling. Naturally, a rank 1 magic attack could not pose any harm to Long Ling. Long Ling raised a hand and sent out an identical ice cone. Common sense would dictate that the two ice cones would dissolve into powder upon impact. Why did Nian Bing do show a common thing with a predictable outcome?

As expected, the two identical ice cones collided and ice powder came out. Long Ling thought it was over already, but from the ice powder, an ice blade suddenly appeared. In a flash, it had already come slashing at her face.

Long Ling let out a surprised sound. At this time, it was too late for her to use magic. She could only try to dodge. Nian Bing smiled slightly and waved his hand. The ice blade flew in an arc and landed onto his palm. “How was it? Do you finally understand?”