MCIF Chapter 11.2

Chapter 11.2 - Ice-Snow Storm Variation

Long Ling'er slightly smiled and said, "I wouldn't dare give you guidance. You don't need to call me Great Mage either since I have yet to take the advancement test. My father ordered me not to. When we're alone together, he always tells me that he won't allow me to take the test, so that he won't lose face, as I haven't yet reached the Great Mage realm. My father is very difficult to deal with. If you pass the test, I can take you to meet my father. Later, you may just call me by my name. My name is Long Ling'er, everyone calls me Ling'er. By the way, both you and I are Ice mages. Don't you have a mage's gown? If you don't wear a mage's gown, how can you expect people to recognize you as a mage?

Nian Bing assumed a pained expression and said, "Since my childhood, I have constantly aspired to be a mage. Unfortunately, my family was very poor. I could only hope for a chance to learn magic. One day, I met a mage by chance. He told me I have an ice attribute physique and he taught me a meditation technique. I started cultivating according to his method. Later, I came to possess magic power. That mage only taught me meditation, he didn't teach me any magic spells. Therefore, it's highly possible that I'm still the lowest level ice mage."

At this moment, they had already passed through the doors and arrived into a big lounge. Due to the pointed architecture, this lounge appeared to be extremely tall. From left to right, the size of the area measured two hundred square meters. All kinds of murals were painted on the walls. Most of the paintings depicted masters wearing mage's gowns and a few magic items. In the center of the big lounge, there was a circle on the floor reaching five meters in diameter. Within the circle, there was a six pointed star, each corner having a different color: white, blue, red, green, yellow and gold. These colors symbolized the six mainstream types of magic.

When Long Ling'er heard the way Nian Bing spoke, her eyes immediately displayed her sympathy. She comforted him, "It doesn't matter. The achievements of a mage rely on his magic power as his foundation. The ability to cultivate magic power with meditation is the most important. As long as your magic power is sufficiently large, by combining it with magic spells, you will naturally be able to utilize higher rank magic. As for the mage's gown, you don't need to worry about it. We can simply give you one after you've passed the test. Anyway, you need to be an intermediate mage or higher in order to join our association. If not, you can only keep cultivating."

Nian Bing nodded and thought, 'By now, I should have at least reached the rank of advanced mage. Dealing with this test shouldn't be a big problem. Later, even if I can't have advanced ice magic spells, I can still get one or two rank four spells.' "Miss Ling'er, I truly have to thank you. If I hadn't run into you and senior, I still wouldn't know how to enter the Mage Association."

Long Ling'er smiled. "There is nothing to thank me for. Even if you hadn't meet us, you could have later entered the Association after your identity as a mage was determined and someone would have received you. Oh! In a moment, you'll have to put in lots of effort, since no one can help you during the test. Everything relies on your own strength."

Nian Bing firmly nodded and said, "I will definitely pass this test."

Right at that moment, Nian Bing and Long Ling'er turned around at the sound of footsteps. They only saw Shi Jiu walking in with an old man who was wearing a blue mage's gown. The old man's hair was completely white and he looked as if he was in his sixties or seventies. On the left side of his chest was an embroidered symbol that Nian Bing knew too well; it was the same symbol his father had as a Magic Scholar. It was clear that the old man was a Water Magic Scholar and not an Ice Magic Scholar.

Shi Jiu took the initiative to walk toward Nian Bing and said, "Your luck is pretty good. Today, Teacher Li De has yet to enter meditation. He's a Water Magic Scholar. Why haven't you greeted him yet?" In the mage's profession, status was extremely important. If there was a difference in rank, it was necessary to bow according to etiquette. Nian Bing had already heard his father mention this. He absolutely respected those who were strong. So he hurriedly bowed to the old man and greeted him. "Good evening, honorable Magic Scholar."