MCIF Chapter 28.2

Chapter 28.2 – Staking the Dazzling Holy Brilliance Stone

Although the level of this stone and the Humming Wind Stone were equal, the fact that light mages were rare made this stone a little bit worse than the Humming Wind Stone in terms of usage. Although very few people could use this stone’s magic element to its fullest potential, that did not diminish its value at all. The light aura could not only help people stabilize their emotions, but it could also dispel many kinds of evil auras. If kept on their person, even an ordinary person could increase their resistance against attacks and calm their hearts.

“I purchased this stone from a businessman who was in dire straits. It is called Holy Brilliance, an innate light elemental stone. I have already had someone examine it – this stone is void of other ores and impurities; it is made completely of condensed light element. It could even be said to have been blessed by the heavens. It would be very hard to find another of its kind on this continent. Anyway, I was thinking of offering this to His Majesty, the King. However, since Brother Xue said that my Grand Pavilion does not compare to his Pure Wind House, I could only bring this out. I don’t know what Brother Xue thinks. Is this Holy Brilliance Gem enough for you to bet on?”

Xue Ji’s gaze was directed to Nian Bing. He could not help but hesitate. After all, the Pure Wind House was his heart’s blood for half of his life. If he lost it, how could he remain established in Ice Snow City?

At this moment,  Nian Bing was thinking about how many high-grade magic arrays were based on light magic. Light magic was a bit more complicated to understand and was an indispensable part of strong intermediate level magic arrays. Since Nian Bing did not possess the ability to use light magic, acquiring the Holy Brilliance Gem would be extremely advantageous for his magic array research. He could even rely on the gem’s aura to make dishes from light magic. Seeing Xue Ji’s expression, he shot him a confident gaze before he strode up to the judges’ table. Afterwards, he took the box with the Proud Sky Knife inside of it and placed it on top of the judges table.

“Owner Jin, though your Holy Brilliance Gem is undoubtedly precious, if you were to bet it for the Pure Wind House, then the relationship between the two establishments would definitely be harmed. Instead, I’ll use the item in this box to bet against your Holy Brilliance Gem.”

Jin Hao snorted coldly. He had already taken notice of the outsider, Nian Bing, whose qualities had already surprised him. Seeing as he was a relative of the emperor however, he did not put Nian Bing in his eyes. He snorted coldly and retorted, “What qualifications do you have to bet with me? Don’t tell me that this box contains an item comparable to Holy Brilliance?”

Nian Bing did not get angry because of Jin Hao’s contempt. He merely spoke calmly, “Whether or not it is worthy enough to gamble, I would have to ask Owner Jin to see the item before speaking. As for me, I am a part of the Pure Wind House.”

Xue Ji secretly let out a sigh of relief. Although the Proud Sky Knife was precious, he had already given it to Nian Bing. What’s more, the Proud Sky Knife was very far from comparing with the Pure Wind House in his heart. “That’s right, Nian Bing does represent me. The item in this box is not any less valuable than Brother Jin’s.”

Nian Bing opened the brocade box, and the same situation as yesterday occurred. In an instant, green light burst into the air as the golden light receded to the side. The two lights, gold and green, did not reject each other. Each occupied their own spot as they shone continuously. Nian Bing thrust his hand into the box and pulled out the Proud Sky Knife. He presented the knife handle to the judges and spoke calmly, “This knife is called Proud Sky. It is Uncle Xue’s item. The knife handle is inlayed with the Humming Wind Stone, whose quality is not any lower than your Holy Brilliance. The knife body is cast out of Green Metal Ore. It should be enough to compare with the Holy Brilliance Gem.”