MCIF Chaptet 9.2

Chapter 9.2 - Feng Nu and the Heavenly Flame Sword

Feng Nu cried out in alarm when Nian Bing held the Flame God's stone in his hand. Her body trembled slightly as rays of fire suddenly shot soured out from her body. Her originally long, pink hair momentarily became a gorgeous, bright red, and even her blue eyes displayed a layer of faint red, as scorching as the fire qi that assailed her. Nian Bing didn't have much of a choice. He rested his hand on the Morning Dew knife, easily unsheathing it with a flick of his thumb. A blue, faintly chilly light spread out and shot towards Nian Bing. The layer of ice protected him from the scorching stream of qi.

Gradually, the red light vanished, and Feng Nu returned back to her normal appearance. Her eyes flashed with a complex radiance, "Good, this is a very high grade fire stone. If it was to be inlaid in the True Sun knife, it could greatly improve the knife's quality. Although master has already passed away, I'm willing to try to inlay this fire stone in the True Sun knife."

Seeing Feng Nu's crystal clear gaze, Nian Bing's heart indescribably palpitated, almost rushing to agree. However, he forced himself to calm down even before the fire ray disappeared as he felt that something was amiss. This beautiful woman in front of him didn't appear as simple as her appearance might let on. He hesitated a bit and said, "Miss Feng Nu, I want to know how Hua Tian senior died. Can you tell me?" The Flame God's stone was his father's memento. There's no way he would just simply agree to give it to a stranger without question. Especially if it was a charming woman that suddenly appeared and baffled him. Originally, his father had a falling out with the family clan in order to use this stone. This matter had to be handled carefully.

Feng Nu glanced at Nian Bing with a deep look. "This year I'm seventeen years old. I was born in Clear Wood Empire. My parents were simple commoners. When I was five, my hometown had a big plague which took my parents' lives. From then on, I had no choice but to wander the streets. Five years later, when I was ten, I came to Ice Snow City and begged master to take me in as a disciple. From master's words, I learned that I had the Innate Heavenly Fire body. At once, he took me to register at the gateway. Wholeheartedly, he exhausted himself trying to teach me everything. Five years ago, master felt that his body couldn't keep going on. However, he wasn't willing to yield to fate. So he heated the furnace, perfecting his skills. It was two years ago that he did the unthinkable to make a one of a kind double-edge sword. By throwing his own body in the furnace, he poured all of his soul into the double-edge sword to successfully create a once in a lifetime masterpiece: a God Sword. In the end, there was no corpse; not even his ashes remained. Still, he hadn't died because his soul had completely merged with the sword. The sword was forged by master's Nine Heavenly Flames along with his soul. This is why I call it the Heavenly Flame Sword. The material it was made from was the same material as the True Sun knife, which you must have heard from senior Zha Ji. It's from the Fire Dragon's horn."

While she spoke, Feng Nu returned the Flame God's stone and the True Sun knife to Nian Bing. Without a word, she went inside. Nian Bing's heart was slightly moved. When Feng Nu described how Hua Tian used his body to refine the sword, there was a deep sadness in her eyes which could not have been feigned. As for her identity, he couldn't help but slightly believe her.

A while later, Feng Nu came out, in her hands was a majestic double-edged sword. Its scabbard was the same vermillion color of the True Sun knife. At the top, there was such a vivid carving of a five-clawed, fire dragon that it almost felt as if it was alive. In the fire dragon's mouth was an unblemished white pearl which emitted a gentle light, causing the scabbard to appear exceptionally gorgeous. The hilt of the sword had a ribbed pattern, while inlaid on the back was a white precious stone. Nian Bing was extremely familiar with this kind of precious stone;it was similar to the white jade Heavenly Flower tile.