MCIF Chapter 4.2

Chapter 4.2 - The Silver Feather Knight Regiment

"Nevermind." Zha Ji waved his hands in rejection, "Your magic is too extreme, I won't be able to take it." He could still remember clearly, the last time Nian Bing tried to cool the air in the room, he had nearly been frozen into a popsicle. Actually, even Nian Bing himself did not know that he had already advanced to the stage of intermediate rank mage; no matter fire or ice magic, he could use the first to third rank of spells. With the two top quality magic gems to help him cultivate, the effect was so much stronger than any normal mage.

"Master, I'm a little hungry already." Nian Bing patted his rotund stomach.

Zha Ji shot him a glance, saying: "Just endure for a while more, we will eat when we get to Ice Snow City."

"Ice Snow City?" a curious light appeared in Nian Bing's eyes.

"Yes, Ice Snow City. In the Ice Moon Empire, all the cities names start with Ice, for example the capital city of Ice Moon Empire is called Ice Moon City. Ice Snow City is the second largest city in the Empire. Do you see that large road in front of us? As long as we follow that road all the way towards the southwest, we should reach in a few tens of kilometers."

As Zha Ji spoke up till here, the sounds of horse hoofbeats could be heard, it wasn't loud, as they were approaching from a distance, but it was getting clearer. Looking at the direction from which the sound originated, a contingent of horses was travelling on the large road in the southwesterly direction. At the front of the contingent were 4 mounted knights, all riding on large horses and wearing the same silver light armor, looking extremely valorous. Each of them had a broadsword of about 3 feet long hung at their waist, and although they were headed in a forward direction, their gazes constantly swept the two sides of the road, showing their vigilance. Behind the four mounted knights was a horse carriage, which seemed large and splendid, being pulled along by 4 pure white large horses, and seemed large enough to fit 7, 8 men without any problems. The covering cloth of the carriage seemed to have silver threads embroidering some sort of pattern, although it was not a drawing, but it seemed to give forth an indistinct majestic aura. The carriage driver seemed to be of a similar age to Zha Ji, the reins were gripped in his hands as he leisurely controlled the four fine steeds, keeping the carriage moving in a stable motion. There were also 2 silver-armored mounted knights guarding each side of the horse carriage, and at the back followed another troupe of ten mounted knights, making a total of 18 mounted knights in the party, their orderly formation and dressing made them stand out strikingly, and although there was still quite some distance between them and where Zha Ji and Nian Bing were at, they were still could be seen clearly.

"Master, who are those people? They look so awe inspiring." Nian Bing asked.

A light twinkled in Zha Ji's eyes as he said: "They should be the family of some high ranking officials, though they probably aren't from the Ice Moon Empire."

Nian Bing asked inquiringly: "How do you know so clearly?"

Zha Ji gave a humph, saying: "Naturally ginger is spicier when older.* Look at the embroidery on their carriage, it is actually a type of artistic font in the Profound Orchid language. From this, we can tell that this horse carriage is from the Profound Orchid Empire, and those mounted knights are also beyond ordinary soldiers; they have definitely been forged in the blood and fires of the battlefield, otherwise they would not have such an aura of bloodlust. To be able to order around such true soldiers means their background has to be of a high ranking official. As such, I concluded that they are from the family of a high ranking official of the Profound Orchid Empire, perhaps even the official himself might be within the ranks.

[TL Zen - Chinese saying literally meaning older ginger is spicier, used to mean that older folk have more wisdom or experience, thus knowing much more]