MCIF Chapter 27.2

MCIF Chapter 27.2

Chapter 27.2 – Trigger Magic Arrays

Long Ling felt the heat from Nian Bing’s big hand. “Could it be that in your heart, there is only cooking and magic?”

Nian Bing nodded before he spoke, “That’s right. In my heart, I only have cooking and magic. Everything else must  be filtered out since I must fully concentrate in order to achieve success.”

Long Ling sighed, not letting her tears fall from her eyes. She didn’t blame Nian Bing. After all, everyone had different goals and aspirations. Unlike men, the  lifelong dream of a girl was undoubtedly finding a good home. Some people would be bound to mediocrity for their entire life while others would aspire to higher skies. Nian Bing was clearly one of the latter variety. He had many big dreams and goals.

Long Ling immediately left, leaving Nian Bing who looked gloomily at the bookshelves around him with his heart in discomfort. He rejected a kindhearted and beautiful young woman. It wasn’t something that anyone would feel comfortable with. With his heart in disarray, an expression of despair suddenly flitted through his eyes. His whole body shook strongly as he involuntarily blurted out, “Mother, mother, I’m wrong. I shouldn’t worry about these things. The Ice God’s Pagoda is my target!” Despair painted his expression as he recalled the bitter memories of his past-his mother’s stare as she breathed her last. Nian Bing took a deep breath and pushed away all the distracting thoughts that put his mind in disarray. He sat cross-legged and started to meditate.

From morning to noon, from noon to night, Nian Bing spent the whole day cultivating. It was only through meditation that he was able to regain a calm mind. His Ice and Fire magic source became more concentrated through meditation. Although his progress was extremely slow, the two magics were still circulating steadily. That ingenious whirlpool inside him slowly merged the two magics together, intertwining without confliction. That was the might of the Ice and Fire magic source. Nian Bing raised his head and finally looked at the color of the sky outside. Outside, the day was slowly fading away into night. Inside the library, the magic lamps were about to be lit. Nian Bing took out two rank 4 magic scrolls from his chest pocket. These scrolls were made by him and were his proudest creations to date. He slowly opened the scroll. A blue magic power poured into the scroll, and without stopping, a light blue ray shot out and intertwined on top of the scroll. The blue light continuously flickered as it produced a wonderful pattern, seemingly without end.There was a magic array inserted inside the scroll. That work had been gradually completed by Nian Bing. With the perception of his spirit power, Nian Bing clearly knew that the scroll in his hand possessed an efficient trigger. One whole night of research, as well as a whole day of meditation, allowed him to grasp the technique to create a scroll that could trigger magic arrays. However, Nian Bing was very clear that his discovery was a fluke. The kind of scroll that could trigger magic arrays was extremely difficult to complete. Even if he understood the underlying theory, reality was a another thing. He had made errors countless times before getting to this result.

He got up while carefully putting  the scroll back inside his clothes before picking up the brocade case from the floor. He quickly tidied his appearance before quietly leaving the library.

Except for Long Ling coming to deliver him his lunch at noon, she did not make any appearances. Nian Bing knew that he had deeply wounded her heart, although she didn’t say anything about it. It was also  good  if they didn’t see each other in order to avoid getting caught deeper in this.

Just when he left the Mage Association, a carriage stopped in front of him. When Nian Bing saw the carriage driver, he recognized him as the old man who had been driving Xue Jing’s carriage at the night of Luo Rou’s birthday banquet. Xue Jing’s head stuck out from the carriage. “Hey! Great Chef, get on the carriage. Father sent me to pick you up. I have been waiting for you for an hour already. You are really slow!”