MCIF Chapter 26.2

advertisement

MCIF Chapter 26.2

Chapter 26.2 – The Free Wind’s Gentle Hymn

‘A conspiracy, this is absolutely a conspiracy.’ Resentment soared in Long Zhi’s heart as he  looked at Xue Ji who appeared immeasurably crafty. At the time he proposed to gift the knife to Nian Bing, he had certainly taken into account Nian Bing’s refusal. ‘Truly an old fox!’“Correct! The value of the Humming Wind Stone was around 100,000 purple-gold coins. Even having Nian Bing work five years for the knife is completely worth it. However, the Association needs Nian Bing. Big Brother Xue, can you stop making things difficult for you younger brother?”

Xue Ji lightly smiled and responded, “Brother Long, don’t misunderstand. I want him to help me, but I’m not asking him to stay at the Pure Wind House all day long. You should know that Ming Yuan hasn’t been doing much cooking lately. If Nian Bing agrees to help us, he will also receive the same treatment as Ming Yuan. Every day, he need only come during the evening or later. For the rest of his time, he can stay at the Association. These conditions cannot be regarded as bad. Besides, five years is not a very long time.” When he had revealed the price, Xue Ji had already anticipated that Nian Bing wouldn’t have 100,000 purple-gold coins to buy the knife.

Long Zhi had nothing to say. If he was in Nian Bing’s shoes, he would certainly choose to work five years. After all, it was an extremely rare opportunity to acquire such an exceptionally precious knife, especially since Xue Ji would absolutely not give out such a great price to anyone. Unfortunately, he was not Nian Bing. It was correct to say Nian Bing was very fond of the Free Wind’s Gentle Hymn. However, he already had in his possession of the Morning Dew Knife that was no less overbearing than the Proud Sky Knife. Besides, the ice attribute of Morning Dew was more compatible with Nian Bing. Furthermore, it was possible for him to reach the same level of compatibility with his other knife, the True Sun Knife. So, his desire for the Proud Sky Knife was not as intense as someone else. Moreover, he did have the capital to afford something as expensive.

Nian Bing opened his mouth and with a calm smile and said, “I do want this knife and I know that its true value is far greater than the price Uncle gave me. I understand that Uncle wants to give me the opportunity to have it. If I was ungrateful, I wouldn’t have the audacity to become your friend.”

Xue Ji was in exultation. “Good! So you mean to say, you agree to work for us for five years? Rest assured, you will be paid a fair wage. As long as you are there, Pure Wind House will certainly prosper. Even after your five year agreement ends, if you weary of the outside world, Pure Wind House will always remain your home. In the future, you can retire to our restaurant. The words I have said represente Pure Wind House, even after Jing’er takes over my position, she will still abide to these promises.”

Nian Bing lightly smiled and replied, “Uncle, I think you misunderstood. I really want that knife, but it’s not the kind of desire you had imagined. I will pay 100,000 purple-gold coins and work for the Pure Wind House for a month, like the first condition you previously mentioned.”

Xue Ji froze before he asked, “You have 100,000 purple-gold coins? Don’t tell this was given to you by Senior Demon Chef?”

Nian Bing shook his head and said, “No, that’s not it. Although master gave me many things, as a man, there was no way I could use someone else’s money to buy the things I want. I will rely on my own resources to obtain the Free Wind’s Gentle Hymn. Even though I don’t currently have 100,000 purple-gold coins, if I could exchange some of my possessions to reach that value, it should be possible.”

The situation had exceed Xue Ji’s expectations. He couldn’t help but frown before asking, “What do you want to trade for the Free Wind’s Gentle Hymn?”