MCIF Chapter 13

Chapter 13.1 – The Making of the Golden Aromatic Ring

Nian Bing’s heart trembled. Suddenly, he snapped out of his flashbacks and secretly cursed himself. How had his guard relaxed this much? It seemed that the charm of a beautiful woman was truly not small! “Miss, what do you mean by also?”

Xue Jing glared at Nian Bing and said, “Weren’t you shouting “you, you” just a while ago? Why has it suddenly turned into ‘Miss’ now?”

Nian Bing helplessly said, “I forgot my manners a moment ago. I should have addressed you with ‘Miss’.”

Xue Jing waved her hand in impatience before saying, “Forget it! Today, I’m very frustrated and only want to find someone to chat for a day. So, you don’t need to call me Miss. Call me Xue Jing. At first, I wanted to have a good talk with Ling’er, but she doesn’t seem to understand this kind of thing, and on top of it all, she even managed to make me muddle-headed. Oh! That’s right, what’s your name again?”

“I’m called Nian Bing.”

“Now, you tell me, what kind of woman do men like the most?” It took all the courage for Xue Jing to ask this question, and immediately after, her face started to flush red.

Nian Bing inwardly thought, ‘The Pure Wind House’s Miss’s fear is about love.’ “Miss, er, no… Xue Jing, I’m also not very clear about this matter, but with your beautiful appearance, I’m certain it is what most men like.”

Hearing those words, her beautiful eyes once again were filled with tears. “You’re saying nonsense! If that was the true, then why doesn’t he like me? I always appear strong and ruthless, but even when other people gossip about me, he doesn’t join them and doesn’t pay attention to them.”

From the point of view of an outsider, how could Nian Bing know about the true circumstances of a relationship between others? He forced a smile and said, “Miss, I’m afraid you need to ask him about this matter. Perhaps, he didn’t open his mouth to say anything because, in his heart, he might like you?”

Xue Jing wiped her tears and said in a somewhat surprise tone, “Is what you said true?”

Nian Bing hesitated. “It must be. Since you like him, you should approach him often and then, where there’s a will, there is a way.”

Xue Jing punched Nian Bing with her fist and said, “I am girl. How can a girl take the initiative in this kind of matter? Nian Bing, earlier, you said that I was the kind of beautiful girl that most men like. Then, do you like me too?”

Cough! Cough!” Nian Bing almost choked to death with his saliva. “Miss, stop joking with me! Our statuses is different!”

Xue Jing persisted saying, “It doesn’t matter since we’re not taking status into account right now. Let’s suppose we are friends. Do you like me or not?”

Inside Nian Bing’s heart, he preferred girls who were similar to Long Ling’er or, maybe, Feng Nu, who were gentle and soft. As for the beautiful girls that were bold and vigorous like Xue Jing, he wasn’t really interested in them. However, at this moment, when he looked at Xue Jing’s teary eyes, he really couldn’t say any words of rejection. He could only nod lightly and answer awkwardly. “Yeah, I like.”

Humph! You seem very reluctant. However, you better remember the words you said today. Later, if I want to make you do anything, you are not allowed to refuse. Do you hear me?”

Nian Bing bitterly smiled at the promise that was forced on him. At this moment, even if he didn’t want to agree, he also didn’t know how he could refuse. Xue Jing turned back and once again faced the moon, mumbling, “Oh! He’s indeed very stylish. Although his appearance is not as beautiful as mine, he’s a Great Swordmaster approaching the Martial Master’s rank. The way he looks when he holds the sword is especially handsome. That feeling of might, it just makes you want to fawn on him. What I like the most is people with that kind of heroic spirit, like him. This won’t do! I must look for an opportunity to find out about his feelings. If not, whatever is said, I won’t be able to resign myself to give up on this love.”