MCIF Chapter 24

Chapter 24.1 – Nine Mysterious Green Dragons Concealed in Clouds of Ice

Nian Bing smiled indifferently and said, “Miss Rou’er, you only need to remember the condition when you lose to me. Come, let’s go in.”

After donning his mage’s gown, Nian Bing did not look like his previous self. The waiters and waitresses welcoming the guests at the door absolutely didn’t recognize him, but they did recognize Long Ling and Luo Rou. They hurriedly went to them and respectfully said, “Have the two ladies come to find our miss?”

Long Ling blanked for a moment, then she glanced at Nian Bing. Nian Bing said, “You can also call Miss Xue Jing here. I should take this opportunity to settle everything at once and also clear all the misunderstandings. Thus she won’t continue to misunderstand me.”

Long Ling nodded and said, “Then let’s go in.” The three of them followed the waiter into Pure Wind House lounge. Compared to the Grand Pavilion, the lounge here was many times smaller. However, the decoration was much more unique. Carved wood and ornaments could be seen everywhere. Without exception, all the tables were made of a special sculpted wood. A faint fragrance enveloped the whole lounge as soft music sounded from behind a curtain. The beautiful notes of the zither rang out softly, with the a single trace of discord.

Nian Bing praised the musician in his heart. It was his first time coming into the lounge. In his mind, Pure Wind House hadn’t attained success through pure luck. Every little detail, from the arrangements and the decorations to the overall atmosphere was the result of careful deliberations.

Nian Bing asked the waiter, “May I trouble you to invite Miss Xue Jing here? We came to find her for something.”

The waiter glanced doubtfully at Nian Bing. At this moment, he realized that this man seemed quite familiar. However, he didn’t remember where he could have seen him before. He had seen Nian Bing when he had still been chopping wood. However, clothes indeed make the man. How could the Nian Bing of before compare to the him right now? The waiter looked at Long Ling and Luo Rou, uncertain what to do. Luo Rou nodded to him and said, “Go tell Jing Jing that Ling’er and I have come, and tell her to come quickly.”

Luo Rou couldn’t wait to see what kind of cheap tricks Nian Bing had planned. Watching Nian Bing act with such self-confidence, she was suddenly truly looking forward to what he had to show. There weren’t many things that could make her excited in Ice and Snow City. She was used to planning and strategizing, and she could stage victory from thousands of miles away. Ever since Nian Bing had entered her life, she had encountered more and more surprises. There were rarely any dull moments, from the ice cream cake she had received on her birthday to her investigation of the Magic Reaper’s case. It made her increasingly curious about Nian Bing. Just when she thought that she knew everything about him, he suddenly told her that what she thought she knew was false. At this moment, her mood was extremely complicated, and she was itching to know the answer.

The waiter left, and Nian Bing pulled a chair and sat down. Then, with a gesture, he invited the two girls to do the same. Smiling, he asked, “What is it? Don’t you two want to sit down for a bit?”

Long Ling faintly smiled before replying, “We sat through the entire journey. I’ll just stand for a moment. I once heard Mother said that, if you’re a girl, always sitting will affect your height.”

Luo Rou walked to Nian Bing’s side. She bent down and whispered into his ear, “Jing Jing is going to come out soon. Have you thought of a way to resolve your conflict?”

Nian Bing had a calm smile and said, “Of course I’ve thought about it. Miss Wise Girl, I heard you are already engaged. Being so close to me, aren’t you afraid of people misunderstanding?”