MCIF Chapter 9

Chapter 9.1 - Feng Nu and the Heavenly Flame Sword

After many years of practicing magic, Nian Bing's spirit power already reached a formidable level. He coughed to concealed his awkwardness and said, "Hello, I'm the one who came to find Senior Hua Tian. Is he here?"

The girl looked up and down several times, sizing up Nian Bing. She said in a somewhat doubtful tone, "Who are you? What do you want, trying to look for him?"

Nian Bing heard the young lady's cautious question. He couldn't help thinking about his master. He softly sighed, "I am here to pay my respects to Senior Hua Tian on the final wishes of my deceased master."

The young lady still didn't believe Nian Bing. She asked, "Who was your master?"

Nian Bing's brows slightly creased as he said, "It is forbidden for me to spread my master's name. Previously, my master had one nickname, he was called the Demon Chef."

Hearing the two words, Demon Chef, the young lady shouted in alarm and threw the doors wide open as she rushed out. Nian Bing could now clearly see her entire appearance. Her clothing was blue in color from the top down to the trousers, except for her head. Her chest was wrapped with bindings. Her very tall neck was protected. Her exquisite body was both curvy and delicate. She had a beautiful pair of big blue eyes staring straight at him without blinking. That pair of blue eyes gave him the distinct impression of a clear blue sky without any bit of impurity, whereas his were a deep blue ocean. Nian Bing appeared astonished. The young lady's stature was very tall, most ordinary people were not that tall. Compared to her tall figure, he was only half a head taller. Covered by the trousers were a pair of slenders thighs. All of this gave her a beauty that shook a person to their core.

The young lady saw Nian Bing sizing her up in turn. Her gorgeous face changed to express some bashfulness as she propped him with a question. "Are you Senior Zha's disciple? Just a moment ago you said his last wish, don't tell me... don't tell me Senior Zha is already..."

Nian Bing sadly nodded his head and said, "My master has just recently passed away. Young lady, where is Senior Hua Tian?"

The young woman looked at Nian Bing with a somewhat doubtful look and said, "This Senior Hua Tian you mentioned is my master but, according to my master, Senior Zha only had a disciple who is a fatty and you're not fat at all! Furthermore, my master said that Senior Zha's health is very good, how could he suddenly die?"

Nian Bing looked at the young lady's serious appearance, causing his sorrow to unexpectedly lighten up somewhat despite Zha Ji's death, he laughed and said, "Man's fate is as uncertain as the weather, who can possibly say with certainty how long one may have left to live? Why do you believe that I'm a swindler? Last time Senior Hua Tian saw me, I was only 11 years old, that was already seven years ago. I was fat at that time, but it doesn't mean that I'd grow up staying fat. Rest assured, that fat person you were talking about is me."

A cold light flash inside of the young lady's eyes, she persisted saying, "Only if you can take out something that will prove your identity, will you be able to see my master."

Nian Bing helplessly said, "I remember the last time I came, Senior Hua Tian didn't seem to have taken in a disciple. Since you demand proof, then take a look at this." As he said, he reached to his chest, took out Hua Tian's original and most successful work; the Morning Dew knife.

When the young lady saw the Morning Dew knife, her eyes immediately let out bright sparkles. She took hold of the knife's handle, carefully, as she was caressing the corroded scabbard. She felt a chilliness emanating from inside the scabbard, muttering, "That's right, that's right, it's exactly that, it's exactly that, ah! The Morning Dew knife." Her hands move to the knife's handle to where the precious stone was inlaid, she felt an ice-cold breath emitting from the rhombus shaped precious stone. She already somewhat believed him.