MCIF Chapter 18

Chapter 18.1 – Birthday Banquet

Xue Jing stuck out her tongue and personally sent her father to the gate. When they went out, they only saw Nian Bing standing on the stone paved path. His sight was resting on a big tree, his face not showing the thoughts running through his head.

Xue Ji walked until he was next to Nian Bing and said with a smile, “Young man, do a good job at Pure Wind House. Although my daughter acts willfully and makes a scene sometimes, she has a good nature. The matter before was just a misunderstanding. I already forgot about it. Do you have your hands full helping her?”

Nian Bing slightly wrinkled his brows. Xue Ji was the Pure Wind House’s owner. He came to him to talk, but to his surprise, he didn’t use a commanding tone. It was more like he was beseeching him. At this point, it was enough to show his elegance. Nian Bing’s good impression of him couldn’t help but increase. He respectfully said, “Owner, you’re welcome, but this is what I should do. ”

Xue Ji looked deeply at Nian Bing. Suddenly, his wrist flipped and thrusted toward Nian Bing’s shoulder. Nian Bing stood motionless. Xue Ji patted his shoulder and said, “Good! I’m going now. You should continue to follow her and learn.” As he finished speaking, he turned around and left in big strides. Nian Bing continued watching him until he was out of sight. Earlier, Xue Ji’s eyes revealed a glint of suspicions and decided to test Nian Bing. Xue Ji already found out that in Nian Bing’s body did not contain even  a single shred of dou qi. From the beginning, Xue Ji felt this youngster wasn’t as simple as he might seem, but he was unable to pinpoint the problem. As he walked out of the courtyard and passed the courtyard gate, he threw the thought from his mind.

With Xue Ji gone, Nian Bing’s sight turned back to Xue Jing. He saw Xue Jing who was patting her towering chest, “It really scares me to death. Fortunately, father was merely puzzled by your appearance. You’re an idiot. Earlier, who allowed you to tell my father about this? You won’t die if you talk less! I nearly died. Anyway, let’s continued learning. This time we can do it openly without fear.”

Once again, Nian Bing returned to Xue Jing’s room. This time, he didn’t need to learn etiquette. They directly started learning how to dance.

After two hours.

“Nian… Bing…” When Nian Bing managed to stepped on Xue Jing’s feet for the 14th times, that was her last straw. “I want to choke you to death! How can you be this stupid! I taught you so many times, but you still didn’t get it.”

While Nian Bing evaded Xue Jing, he replied like he felt he was wronged, “I’m just clumsy. You know it might not be too late. Miss, right now, it’s still morning. You should switch for someone else, there’s still time.”

“Switch for someone else? Switching your head! The clothes I borrowed were according to your size. Where will I find someone now? I’m going out for a bit. I will return quickly. Wait here for a moment.” She glared at Nian Bing ferociously before she ran out of the room. Looking at her hurried back, Nian Bing’s brows wrinkled. “This girl, if she had half of her father’s self-restraint, she would be considered as one of the top beauties. What a pity!”

It didn’t took long before Xue Jing returned. On her face, there was the trace of a strange smile. Unexpectedly, a clanking sound could be heard from her feet. “This time, it will be okay. You can step on me as you wish. As long as you continue stepping on me, you are not allowed to rest. You will keep practicing.”

Nian Bing stared warily and was shocked to find that Xue Jing was wearing a new pair of shoes, metal shoes. He opened wide his eyes and said, “Miss, you don’t need to be this excessive. Aren’t they heavy?”