MCIF Chapter 26

Chapter 26.1 – The Free Wind’s Gentle Hymn

Xue Ji smiled slightly and said, “I also heard what younger brother Ming said and found out that you were actually Senior Demon Chef’s disciple. I am so ashamed to have actually let you chop firewood at the Pure Wind House.”

In his mind, Nian Bing said, ‘You are younger than my master, but you call my master, senior. It’s hilarious.’

Outwardly, he said, “Mister Xue, there is no need to be so polite. It is me who chose not to reveal my profession, how could you be to blame? I apologize for being unable to offer you a seat. .”

Xue Ji sighed lightly, then said, “I flaunted myself as someone who could read people, but this time I made such a mistake. For slighting you at the Pure Wind House, and also for my daughter making trouble for you, I apologize. My daughter acted willfully at that time, to actually make you pose as her boyfriend. As such a talented person, how could my daughter ever match up to you?”

Nian Bing felt kindly towards Xue Ji. “Mister Xue you are too courteous, I don’t deserve such praise.  As long as Miss Xue Jing no longer blames Nian Bing for concealing himself, Nian Bing is satisfied.”

Xue Ji smiled slightly before saying, “You are youngsters. There is no harm in a little interaction between you two later. In terms of the culinary arts, even Little brother Ming has admitted to not being your equal. My only daughter, Jing’er, will be the inheritor of the Pure Wind House. If she could learn some knowledge of the field of cooking from you, I could pass down the Pure Wind House worry-free.”  

‘Long Zhi, you have a daughter. I have one too. My daughter does not look much worse than your daughter. It’s such a shame that my daughter’s temper is so terrible. This Nian Bing does not only have superior cooking skills, but is also not weak in magic. His moral character is also pretty good……’

“Father.” Xue Jing’s pretty face pinked slightly. She looked at her father, and then looked at Nian Bing. She shyly lowered her head. The present her did not have a single trace of the wild girl.

Xue Ji reprimanded her. “You troublemaker, you still haven’t apologized to Nian Bing.

Xue Jing looked again at Nian Bing. She hesitated for a moment; the words of apology would not leave her mouth. Nian Bing said, “There is no need to apologize. Miss Xue Jing did not do anything wrong. I only hope that the Miss’ temper will change for the better. It’s better when girls are gentle.” While saying this, he looked at Long Ling to the side. Among the three beauties of Ice and Snow City, the one to give him the deepest impression was undoubtedly the Wise Girl Luo Rou. However, the one who gave Nian Bing the most favorable impression was the gentle Long Ling.

Xue Jing stared at Nian Bing, but in front of her father, she dared not say anything. Xue Ji sighed in his heart. In terms of temperament, his daughter was far from comparing with Long Ling! He took the brocade box from Xue Jing’s hands into his own. To Nian Bing he said, “This is a small gift for you. I hope I did not disrespect you. Please accept this, Nian Bing. Although I know you cannot return to the Pure Wind House, I still hope you can become a friend of the Pure Wind House.” While saying this, Xue Jing took the brocade box and held it out in front of Nian Bing.

Nian Bing did not take it. “Mister Xue, is there need for such politeness? I cannot accept this present. The Pure Wind House has done nothing wrong. I also have a relationship with Master Ming. Naturally, I am the Pure Wind House’s friend.”

Xue Ji smiled slightly, saying, “This is similar to the so-called bestowing knighthood with a sword, this is an item passed down through the generations of the Xue family. My older brother inherited my father’s duchy; this is what I inherited. I do not have much use for it, but I think that for you, it will at least be of some assistance You should accept it; it can be taken as my goodwill to you.”