MCIF Chapter 18.2

Chapter 18.2 – Birthday Banquet

Nian Bing said neutrally, “Then what should I call you?”

Xue Jing thought for a moment before saying, “Since you are portraying the position of my boyfriend, then you should call me Jing’er like my father does. I’ll let you off this time. Also, you should remember that at the party, when you speak to me, do not be so deferential. We must definitely appear somewhat affectionate. Doing that would add a feeling of veracity. We cannot be found out by other people, do you understand?”

Nian Bing smiled slightly and said, “I understand, Jing’er. So it’s like this.” While talking, he turned his body around and sat down next to Xue Jing. One hand wrapped around her slender waist, making her lean against his chest.

Xue Jing was distracted at first, but almost immediately, she clearly sniffed Nian Bing’s masculine scent. She raised her head to look at his distinctly angular and handsome face. In that moment, she actually did not feel that their current position was very much questionable.

Nian Bing embraced Xue Jing, his eyes exuding a faint cold light. ‘Since you forced me to be your boyfriend, I will not be polite.’

After quite a while, Xue Jing sobered up. Struggling, she said, “Release me, can’t you see that we still have not arrived at the banquet yet?” Although she spoke these words with her mouth, her struggle was very light. She was, of course, overcome with a cozy feeling from Nian Bing’s warm embrace.

Nian Bing smiled slightly, saying, “We haven’t arrived at the party yet, but I feel that it is good for us to cultivate the mood. If it is too stiff, any bright-eyed person could see through it, right? Since we are putting on a act, naturally, we would want to create a feeling of authenticity.”

Xue Jing was at a bit of a loss, and when she looked at this handsome man again, she said, “When did you become so smart? In my impression, you should’ve been dim-witted!”

Nian Bing’s blue eyes exuded a crystal clear light. “That was only what you assumed, but I am not an idiot. I never said I was stupid! Isn’t that so?”

Xue Jing suddenly felt a trace of wrongness, but she couldn’t say why. Letting out a snort, she said, “You must remember, you are only acting as my boyfriend for the night. That is all. If you have any presumptuous ideas, I cannot be blamed for being impolite to you.”

Nian Bing gave a little smile and said, “I wouldn’t dare to have any presumptuous thoughts. You are the Miss, and I am a servant. Naturally, after tonight, our positions will return to what they are. Each of us will return to our respective domains. Isn’t that so? Jing’er.”

Xue Jing saw that Nian Bing was wearing a strange expression, but did not know why. Her mind was somewhat disturbed. At this time, the carriage came to a stop. They had arrived at their destination.

Xue Jing swatted Nian Bing’s hands. From beneath where she sat, she pulled out a box and passed it over to Nian Bing.

Nian Bing asked, puzzled, “What is this?”

Xue Jing replied, “You’ll know once you open it.”

The box was red and had considerable weight. Opening the box, Nian Bing immediately felt an essence of fire element hit him in the face. It was actually a Fire Magic wand. The rod was dark red in color and had spiraling veins on the surface. A round, red gem sat on the tip of the wand. The quality was not bad; the fire element flavor was very rich. It was at the same level as his own Icicle Rod.

Xue Jing said, “I am also lending this to you. It is called the Fire Star Wand. You must be careful, fire mages all want this wand.”

Nian Bing pulled out the wand and nodded his head, saying, “I will not break it. Even if I sold myself, I wouldn’t be able to afford it.”