MCIF Chapter 29

Chapter 29.1 – Ice and Fire Nine Layered Heavens

With each person harboring a different feeling in their hearts, Nian Bing’s gaze finally left the knife. He slowly raised his head, watching the industrious Liao Feng before him. Calmly, he said, “Master Ming, in a moment, you must toss me each ingredient as I ask for it. It would be much appreciated if you threw it in front of my chest. Great Ice and Snow Goddess! Please grant me your wrath, deliver us to the lost, holy shore, ——Snowstorm.”

Under the effect of Nian Bing’s enchantment, the temperature in the hall dropped as snowflakes appeared in midair. The bizarre thing was that the snowflakes did not interfere with Liao Feng on the opposite side; they only appeared by Nian Bing. The light blue snowflakes supported Nian Bing’s body as he floated into the air. He flew out from behind the cooking counter and in front of the gazes of the shocked crowd, slowly came to a stop in the center of the hall. Liao Feng could not help but slow down his hands a little when he saw Nian Bing’s unusual form. He nearly made a mistake, but he immediately reigned in his emotions and continued to make his own dishes. The snowstorm coalesced beneath Nian Bing’s feet under his superior magic control, forming a spiral of snow and wind. Nian Bing was surprised to discover that the Proud Sky Knife he held in his hand was continuously emitting wind aura that made the rotation of the snowstorm even faster. The ceiling of the Pure Wind House hall was very high; it approached ten meters. Nian Bing hovered at about two meters from the ground. Lightly, he called out, “Green onion.”

Ming Yuan tossed a clean green onion towards Nian Bing’s chest. The scallion disappeared as a green light transformed into countless afterimages. “Ginger.”

Just as before, a ginger flew into that green light and also disappeared. Marquis Nuo Ya and Xue Ji’s had the highest martial arts level among the guests, but even they could only vaguely see the green onion and ginger turn into dust, surrounded by the green knife light. It was unlikely that the ingredients had fallen from the place where Ming Yuan had thrown them. This kind of midair cooking was a first for everyone; a gorgeous scene that immediately surpassed Liao Feng’s display.

“Whole chicken.” A clean whole chicken flew at Nian Bing, who used his left hand to grab it by the foot and toss it into the air. While it was up in the air, he produced a fireball in his left hand that formed into a disk shape under his magic control. In Nian Bing’s hand, the Proud Sky Knife arced. A wave of ice flashed forward to wrap around the oil dispensor. With a flick of the wrist, the utensil immediately poured out a portion of clear oil. The flame in Nian Bing’s left hand rose higher into the air as it accurately caught the oil. The knife light in his right hand instantly disappeared as the diced green onions and ginger were simultaneously thrown into the fire. The whole chicken descended from the sky and fell directly into the the flames that had soared up into the air because of the oil. In just a moment, the scallion and ginger were stir-fried in oil and gave out a fragrance that filled the entire hall.

Long Zhi had already gotten to his feet. He couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the blaze in Nian Bing’s left hand. That was obviously fire magic! Although it was only a low level flame skill, it was coming from the hands of an ice mage. Long Zhi couldn’t even imagine what this meant. He was doubting what was in front of him, but Nian Bing’s actions did not stop.

A green light flashed, and the fifty centimeters long Proud Sky Knife directly stabbed into the chicken. Under Nian Bing’s skilled movements, the chicken was continuously turned. The fragrances of the green onions and ginger combined with the chicken’s fragrance as it was roasted together. The flame in Nian Bing’s hand started to undergo a metamorphosis. It pulsated in waves of strong and weak flames, moving from left to right as it separated into nine layers of different-sized flames that continually roasted the chicken body. Nian Bing’s body, under the influence of the snow storm, slowly moved towards the kitchen counter. Suddenly, the snow storm drifted away and left Nian Bing in front of the counter. He speedily picked up two lotus leaves and wrapped the chicken with them. The chicken was then quickly rotated over the flame three times before the blaze disappeared. A blue light flashed, and surrounding the lotus leaves was a thick layer of around three centimeter of ice. From fire came ice. Everything had happened very naturally, but everyone knew that ice and fire were two different extremes. For one mage to possess both type of magics, what could that imply? It had already surpassed their imagination.