MCIF Chapter 10

Chapter 10.1 - Pure Wind House

Feng Nu gave Nian Bing a sideway glance. She hadn't noticed his appearance earlier, but now that she did, she saw that he was a tall handsome young man with blond hair. Although he had thick and plain cotton clothes covering his magnificent body, it couldn't conceal his noble character. Her heart skipped a beat. She knew that she would forever be unable to forget the expressions on Nian Bing's face when he was single-mindedly concentrating on cooking. She softly asked, "Nian Bing, after the meal, where do you plan to go?"

Nian Bing looked at Feng Nu. In the silence, his mind gradually relaxed. "I'll stay in Ice Snow City for a while. Master said that there are two restaurants here whose chefs have pretty good skills. I want to head there to have a look; maybe I can even learn a few things."

Feng Nu abruptly said, "You're talking about the Grand Pavilion and the Pure Wind House, right? Those restaurants' foods are so expensive that it scares a person to death. I've only heard about it, but never actually went there. However, I'm certain that they won't be able to make anything like your miraculous pigeon's meat dish. How long do you plan to stay in Ice Snow City? Where will you be going today?"

Nian Bing noticed how detailed Feng Nu's questions were. When he turned his head to look at her, Feng Nu hurriedly replied, her charming face blushing red,"There isn't a deeper meaning to that, I just wanted to know where I can find you today since we're friends."

Nian Bing smiled and said, "I'll stay in Ice Snow City at least until you've finished carving the True Sun knife. As for after that, I'll probably travel to every corner of the continent. Eight years of cooking training, eight years of comprehending cooking. I've already finished training. For now, I need to truly understand the process of cooking. I don't even know if I can travel the whole continent in eight years."

Feng Nu seemed to be thinking about something. "In reality, having fame isn't necessarily a good thing. It was the same for my Master. In his days, God Blacksmith Hua Tian was so famous that, every country's generals thought it would beglorious to acquire a heroic weapon made by Master. As a result, every country wanted to restrict Master in their country, so he could forge weapons only for them. If he wasn't that well-known, it probably wouldn't have come to Master spending the rest of his years in this place, only to die in poverty. When Master was manufacturing the Heavenly Flame Sword, he once told me that it doesn't matter what your profession is. If you want to reach the pinnacle, you must have great power to support you. Otherwise, it's simply impossible to follow your heart's desires and do what you want to do."

"Great power as a support?" Nian Bing's thoughts stirred. He nodded at the sound argument and said, 'What Senior Hua Tian said was correct. If we can have the backing of great power, we can freely travel everywhere in pursuit our goals. It's no wonder your dou qi is so strong. It seems that Senior Hua Tian has spent quite a lot of effort in teaching you.'

Feng Nu smiled faintly and said, "Your magic is also not too bad! I really don't know how you can practice both fire and water magic. Don't they conflictit with each other?"

Nian Bing didn't want to discuss this subject with Feng Nu. He stood up and spoke, "Maybe. In any case, I only use low level spells. Their effects aren't too much for me to handle." Naturally, he wouldn't easily let someone know about his powers. Even though he had a good impression of Feng Nu, the source of his fire and ice magic was his biggest secret.

They both continued to chat on a variety of subjects. Their discussion often revolved around anecdotes from their time learning under their masters. They weren't able to chat to their heart's content when Nian Bing remembered that the dish of pigeon's meat was done cooking.