MCIF Chapter 5

Chapter 5.1 - Blue Fields on a Warm Day, Mist Rises from the Jade

At this point, Nian Bing's brain had already awoken. Ignoring Chen Chen's attacks at him, he faced the beautiful woman and said, "Auntie, you really do look like my mama. I, I....." Nian Bing couldn't continue. His eyes couldn't help but turn red thinking about his parents.

The beautiful woman consoled him and said, "Child, don't cry. If you wish, the auntie will become your mother. How about that?" Her motherly instincts caused these words to subconsciously come out of her mouth. It was only after the words left her mouth that she became aware of how rude she was being. After all, she didn't even know the old man and child in front of her. But with her status, how could she possibly take back the words that came out of her mouth?

Nian Bing glanced to the side and saw Chen Chen's complexion pale. In response, he unexpectedly shook his head and said, "There's no need. Thank you auntie, but when all's said and done, you're not my mother. I don't need you to take pity on me." His eyes displayed a trace of unwavering determination as he said this. At this instance, Nian Bing's short and stout body actually appeared as if it was a bit taller than usual.

The beautiful woman was a little stunned within her heart. This child was so young, yet he had such a temperament! When he grows up, he will certainly grow into an impressive person. These thoughts moved her heart. She reached into her bosom and took out a jade tile and placed it in Nian Bing's hand with a smile. "It doesn't matter. Our meeting was brought together by fate. This jade tile represents auntie's trust. On top of it is my name. If you ever encounter any troubles within the Profound Orchid Empire, just show them this and it should be of some use to you.

"Mom, why did you give him the Heavenly Flower Tile? I've asked you so many times yet you still haven't given it to me." Chen Chen furiously glared at Nian Bing as she said this. If her mother wasn't by her side, she might have went over and taken it by force.

The jade tile felt sleek and warm in his hands. It appeared as if a breath of warm air flowed along the hollow of his palm and into his body, causing his body to be overcome with a comfortable feeling. A grateful light appeared within Nian Bing's eyes and he didn't decline it. "Thank you Auntie. Auntie, you really are a good person!"

Fearing that Nian Bing's hypnosis seal had been broken when he faced this beautiful woman, Zha Ji pulled him away from the beautiful woman and said, "Madam, we must hasten on with our journey so we'll be leaving first. Thank you for showing concern for this child." Finished with his farewell, Zha Ji pulled Nian Bing to the large tree on the side. He began pushing the wooden cart onto the main road heading towards Ice Snow City.

As Captain Feng watched Nian Bing and Zha Ji return, he whispered to the beautiful woman, "Madam, isn't wrong to give a Heavenly Flower tile to such an ordinary person, I'm afraid that his Lordship might....."

The beautiful woman snorted in response. "What do you understand? Have you ever seen an ordinary ten year old child that is able to cast rudimentary spells in a flash before? I have a premonition that in the future, that child will surely become famous across the continent. Your eyes must look at things in the long-term Captain Feng. I suggest that you manage your own subordinates first. Quickly go eat, afterwards we'll be preparing to be on our way. We're returning to the carriage, Chen Chen." Saying this, the beautiful woman held her daughter's hand before quickly disappearing into the carriage together.

Captain Feng had met with a snag, yet he wasn't resentful at all. He looked towards his subordinate who had previously lost his sword. With an indifferent demeanor, Captain Feng walked in front of his subordinate and said, "Hand over your Feather."

Shaking in fear the knight tried to speak : "Captain, I......."

The eyes of the captain grew cold as he repeated to the knight, "Hand over your Feather. I won't say it a third time. "