MCIF Chapter 8

Chapter 8.1 - True Sun Knife

"Practice cooking for ten years, Comprehend cooking for ten years,live a life of solitude, one defeat will be your downfall." Nian Bing repeated Zha Ji's words. "Master, I understand. Be at ease. I will definitely take back the title of Demon Chef for you."

Zha Ji shook his head, "It is done.The title of Demon Chef is mine, not yours. You have mastered my skill, but that is not enough to satisfy in any actuality. Only with unceasing improvements will you be able to reach the pinnacle of culinary skill. Chefs are one of the six most common professions. You must strive to practice magic. This occupation just happens to be your best cover. I did not hate that woman from that time; you don't need to look for her.The past is already behind us. If it wasn't for her, perhaps I would still be unable to comprehend the marvelousness of combining magic and culinary skill. Even more so, I would've never received you as such a great apprentice." As he said this, his wrinkly hand took out a long cloth bundle and handed it over to Nian Bing. "This was my old partner. Now, I give it to you. Take it out and have a look."

Nian Bing opened the cloth bundle. After removing the cloth from the bundle,, a knife was in front of him. A vegetable knife generally didn't have a scabbard, but this one did. It resembled his Morning Dew. The blade's length was comparable to Morning Dew's. It was just that the knife blade was much broader, enough to cover four inches. The back of the knife was extremely thick, reaching half an inch. He grabbed the knife. The weight was quite heavy, no less than three times the weight of his Morning Dew Knife. The scabbard was a vermillion red. On the top of it was an antique design. Nian Bing adjusted his hand to the knife handle slowly taking out the knife.

A dim scorching smell that came from the dark red knife blade filled his nose. Nian Bing's hand trembled. The flame god's stone in his bosom let out a deep thunder. The magic power of the origin of fire and ice within his body revolved because of the Fire God's Stone's agitation, and it was slowly increasing. When he fully pulled the blade from its scabbard, the originally disharmonic broad edge and thick knife's back actually had an abnormal beauty. The entire knife's upper blade turned into a dark red luster. The edges and corners of the knife blade were clear, similar to a shark's fin. An elegant streamline ran through the entire blade. With knife in hand, he could not stop the blaze from making his blood boil.

"This was a treasured knife I obtained after I became famous. It is my old partner, like a brother. It has always accompanied me at my side. Still remember Hua Tian? Apart from your morning dew, this is the knife he is most proud of. This True Sun was not forged or finished with metal. It is more accurate to say it was carved out. It's fundamental material is a fire dragon's horn."

"Fire dragon horn? Master, are there truly fire dragons?" Looking at the True Sun knife's graceful streamlined grain patterns, Nian Bing curiously asked.

"I also cannot answer that question. I can only say that there were in legends. Even if there are, they are quite rare. The fire dragon horn at the time, was found by me inside a valley as a result of its heat. I knew that it was certainly a treasure, therefore I sought out Hua Tian and have him look at it. At the time he said to me, 'this horn, I want it. How much money do you want for it?' I, your master, was quite shrewd! I told him, 'It's fine to just give you the horn, but, you must create and give me your life's proudest knife. Make me a kitchen knife.' Hua Tian agreed. Consequently, I acquired this True Sun knife. He too, can be considered a true friend, as he used the Fire Dragon Horn to carve out this precious knife.. Because it was carved out, the blade has no blemishes whatsoever. Furthermore, it possesses the aura of the fire dragon and contains the fire attribute. Originally, if I hadn't lost to that woman in the match, I would have taken far too great care of True Sun and would have never made use of it. Even if she had combined magic with cooking and still could not win against me, the title of the Demon Chef would still have emptily passed on." Saying this, Zha Ji coughed a few times, but the proudness in his eyes were not at all diminished.