Chapter One: Moving In

Maria's PoV

"WAAAAHHH!!! JAPAN! JAPAN! JAPAN! JAPAN! JAPAN!" I shouted.

"Stop shouting, Maria!" Joan scolded me. "You're disturbing Mr. Driver here!"

"No, it's fine, really," he said while chuckling.

"Napaka-KJ mo talaga, Joan (You're such a killjoy, Joan)," I said. "You don't know how I feel because I'm an otaku!"

"Yes, and I'm a KPOPPER. How on earth do we get along?" she asked sarcastically.

"Remember, we're friends since Grade 1. This conflict only started when we were in first year. That's how we get along," I said.

"I don't get it."

"We're friends for like how many years! We know each other well. That's why even though our interests are different, we still get along well!"

She smiled.

"You're right..." she said. "We're moving in to the residence of the Asahina family, right? I'm nervous."

"Me too... It's gonna get A~WKWARD ..." I agreed. "Living in a place where the whole family lives and then you who's not related to them is gonna live there."

"Let's just be thankful. If we haven't met Miwa-san, our money would have been spent on paying for the fees at hotels... UGH!"

I looked outside of the window and smiled to myself.

I wonder when we'll get there...

"We're here," the driver said.

"That was fast!" I exclaimed. 0___0

We got our bags (five bags all in all), and walked through the gates. The plaque that said 'Sunrise Residence' greeted us. There were lots of flowers here and there, and a big tree stood in the middle. We walked to the doors and rang the receiver.

"Who's there?" a voice asked.

"A-ano... I'm Maria Santos. Is this the Asahina Residence?" I asked.

"You're voice is shaking..." Joan whispered. 

"Why don't you try talking instead?! " I hissed at her.

"No, thank you."

The door opened and a man with blond hair, blue eyes, and was wearing glasses came into view.

"Ah! You must be the girls who are gonna occupy the vacant room. Mother told me about you," he said.

"H-hai!" I answered.

He smiled. "Don't be scared. I don't bite. But the others might..." he whispered to himself.

Joan and I trembled. "Others? Might?!"

He gave an apologetic smile and said, "Don't worry about it. Please come in."

He helped us with our bags and then we got on an elevator.

"Oh God..." I said, covering my mouth.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"She has motion sickness," Joan explained. "Hey, wait a minute. Why weren't you sick back at the car?"