Chapter Thirty-two: Breaking Down

Maria's PoV 

Carrying my guitar, I got outside my room to go to school.

What happened yesterday really affected me...

When I got to school, I really messed things up and Sensei really got angry at me and left without saying a word...

TT^TT  I'm having a harsh time... I deserve some ice cream for not crying about this~!!

When I got home that after, Ukyo-san gave a worried but somewhat frustrated look...

"Maria..."

I looked around and saw Kaname-san. I gave him a smile. "Good morning, Kaname-san~!" I greeted.

"Maria... How many times do I have to tell you...?" he murmured, placing his hands on my shoulders. "Drop that fake smile... Because it's not you..."

0.0 "Kaname-san..." I sighed. "This is really me, you know?"

"I don't believe you..."

"I have faked a lot of smiles everyday... So used to it that you think those were my real ones... You just say it's a fake since I haven't put on my mask properly..."

I smiled again then skipped towards the elevator.

Kaname-san noticed.

He would, of course... He's a monk and he knows how to read emotions and feelings...

But lately, the others are seeing it, too.

Joan and Kei, they would sometimes ask me if I'm okay the other day.

My sister would give me lots of chocolate. She only does that when I'm down.

The other brothers give me some worried glances...

I don't want to worry them... :(

I really don't want to bother them. It would only disturb them.

"Ohayou~! Maria-nee-chan~!"

What should I do...?

I know! I'll keep on smiling...!

Will that work...?

Someone tapped my shoulder.

I turned around and saw Wataru-chan. "Oh, Wataru-chan!"

"Didn't you hear me?" he asked, worried.

"Sorry about that. I was thinking about something, that's all!" I said, smiling. "I'm really sorry. I need to get going now, Wataru-chan~! See you later!"

"O-okay... Take care!"

Ukyo's PoV

Around 2 in the afternoon, the phone rang again.

"You let her go to school again??!" I heard her sensei roar.

"She went to school?"

"Didn't I tell you check on her? See what's wrong? Do you even ask if she practices? She's still not improving!"