Chapter Thirty-three: I Liked You

Ukyo’s PoV

Masao-nii tells us to leave her alone.

“But--!”

“No buts!” he said. “We all know Maria well… She won’t go as far as never going home… She just needs some time alone. She needs to have some space.”

“But I know my ate more!” Maya exclaimed. “I’m goi--!”

“If you know her, then you should know that a person having anger and sadness needs some time alone to think things…” Masao-nii told us. “There are times when a person wants to be by himself… Now let’s go home… Mom will call later, and we need to sound fine.”

The others sighed and followed him home.

But I stayed behind.

I need to tell her I’m sorry.

I need to tell her I’m really sorry about the things I said… I didn’t really mean them…

After running around, I spotted her curled in a ball, crying.

But she was singing.

“My sight was getting blurry…

Everything’s dark, slowly fading…

With one last cry, I plead…

Don’t take my sight away…”

Why is she singing…?

Why is she still trying to sing while she’s crying? Isn’t that kinda hard? I mean, gasping for air and crying…?

“Everything’s dark, slowly fading,

But I feel so strong all the pain

With one last prayer, I whisper,

Don’t take my sight away…”

I walked towards her and took her in my arms. “Shh… Let it all out…” I murmured.

“With one last cry, I plead,

Don’t take my sight away

I still want to see his smile that makes me complete,

Don’t take my everything away…”

“I’m really sorry…” I said to her as she sobbed, holding my arms tightly.

“Am I really that… lazy…?” she asked, chuckling.

How can someone feel so depressed still laugh…? How can she find strength to chuckle…?

“I’m so pathetic…” she said. “You’re right, Ukyo-san… I should have practiced more…”

“No, I was wrong… You were right about emotions…” I murmured. “Forgive me… I’m not really good at handling with these things… I was always the diligent type… I have so many inflexible sides… And somehow, they end up controlling me.”