Chapter Nine: Ruining A Date

Masaomi's PoV

Someone came to the living room then sat down looking irritated.

"What's wrong, Maria?" I asked the troubled Maria.

"Joan..."

0___0 "If you're angry at Joan, then you should probably dissolve that anger now..." I said.

"Masaomi-san..."

"Huh?"

She leaned closer, looking me straight in the eye.

"Wha--?"

"You like Joan, ne?!" she demanded.

"What are you saying?!" I exclaimed, but blushing.

"You like her, RIGHT?! PLEASE TELL ME I'M RIGHT!!" she shouted, shaking me violently.

"S-stop!"

I pushed her away then patted her head. "Calm down and tell me why you're harassing me."

She punched the couch hard. "Joan's on a date..."

0___0 "What?"

"She's on a date!"

I tried to calm myself down. Wait-- why am I even trying to calm myself down? "What's wrong with her having a date?"

"She's dating Sasasasasato Sasasasada!" she exclaimed.

"Sasasasato wha--?"

"She's dating Sasasasasato Sasasasada! The most handsome but a jerk in school!" she roared. "I'm worried about my best friend! What if they end up together but he breaks her heart since he's a flirt?? I can't accept this!!"

I put my tea down and stood up.

"Let's go," I said.

"Huh?"

"If we're ruinning their date, we need the others here," I said. "I'm not good at these things... And why am I even doing this??"

"You like Joan, ne~?"

I took a deep breath.

"No, I don't. But I don't want Joan to end up with a jerk," I said. "So let's ruin her date with Sasasasasasato-whoever-that-guy-is..."

'I do like her... But does she even like me?'

"Sheesh... You guys keep denying," she muttered. "Just admit it... And besides, she likes you, too..."

"Huh?" I asked. "I'm calling Tsubaki and Azusa. You should call the others."

"We really need almost all of them?"

"The Asahinas are full of mischief, too, you know," I said, smiling.

'I wanted to believe what Maria just said... About Joan liking me...' I thought as I dial Azusa's number.