Chapter Eight: Twinkle Little Star

Joan’s PoV

“Masaomi-san is at work, Ukyo-san is in a middle of a case, Kaname-san is training, Hikaru-san is annoying, Tsubaki-san and Azusa-san are recording, Natsume-san is on this planet for sure, Ru-kun is at the parlor, Subaru-san is somewhere I don’t know, Iori-san is studying, Yuusuke-san and Ema-chan are preparing for exams, Fuuto-san is on a tour, the two of us are slacking off because our exams are finished, and Wataru-chan is at school,” Maria cited. “How cool is that?”

“It’s kinda boring being alone here…” I sighed.

“You said it, girl…”

The both of us were lying down on the couch.

“So… we’re graduating!” I said. “What course are you going to take?”

“I’m gonna attend a conservatory and take music and play piano,” she answered. “You?”

“Guess I’m following you. But I’m gonna take voice lessons…”

“LET’S WORK HARD!” she exclaimed, fist-pumping.

“OOO!”

We chuckled then sighed. Then we were silent. The two of us are really, reaallyy, REEEAAALLLYYY bored here since earlier. The two of us never run out of topics, but we've been talking for hours just to fill the silence

Then we heard the elevator go 'ding!' and we both looked to see Subaru walking down the stairs.

“Subaru-san!” I exclaimed. “I thought you were in Kyūshū.”

“Ah, y-yes… But me and my team dropped by here. We were training in different places to have a friendly game with other schools.”

“Ah… I see. How long will you be here, then?” I asked. “I can go and call Masaomi-san… Maria, don’t give me that look.”

“Sorry,” she snickered.

She was giving me a you-like-Masaomi-san look.

“It’s fine. I already told him that I’m here,” he muttered. “I’ll b-be going to my room.”

“He’s a shy one,” Maria-chan said, sitting upside-down.

Sit properly.

“I’m bored!” she groaned.

“Do you want to play basketball, then?” someone suddenly spoke up.

“Eh? Natsume-san?” the both of us said.

“Subaru’s here, right?” he asked. We nodded and he smiled. “SUBARU!”

We heard footsteps and Subaru came into view. “What’s the matter?” Subaru-san asked.

“Let’s play basketball,” Natsume-san said. “Two versus two. Maria’s on my side and Joan’s on your side.”