Chapter Twenty: Yuusuke's-Not Really His But... Oh Well-Story

Maria’s PoV

“What should I do?” Yuusuke-san said, looking troubled.

“What’s wrong?” Ema-chan asked.

“Two kids made me promise to make them a story…”

Tsubaki-san and Hika-chan came to the rescue.

“If they’re girls, tell them a fairy tale….” Hika-chan suggested. “If it’s a boy, any children’s story would do…”

“They’re twins… ---___---“” Yuusuke-san murmured.

“How about CINDERELLA?” Tsubaki-san exclaimed. “Let’s put a twist!”

Oh boy…

“Once upon a time… there was a girl named Cinderella… She lives with her stepmother and other two stepsisters who are really mean to her!”

“Seems pretty normal,” I commented.

“One day, someone knocked on the door. She opens it and sees a kid with white hair wearing blue uniform. He hands her a letter. She asks who he is and he answers…

“I’m a Letter Bee…”

HOW DID THE ANIME LETTER BEE GET HERE? And why am I remembering an anime about a girl carrying messages from the dead? I know that girl got into a coma or something… She has a talking staff… I remember an episode where she was trying to capture a cat because the old couple wanted to give the key to the room of their little home… UGH!” I exclaimed.

“Cinderella gives it to her stepmother. The stepmother tells them that the prince’s gonna hold a ball. She asks if she can come. The stepmother says yes, but she has an evil plan.

On the day of the ball, the stepsister ruined her dress and went to the ball without her. She cried and cried.

Just then, an old lady came with a basket of apples.

“Eat this red one and you’ll have a beautiful gown. Eat this green one and you’ll have accessories and your glass slipper,” the old lady said.”

“NANI KORE??! THEY’RE LIKE PRISM STONES, BUT THE DRESSES ARE IN THE APPLES! WON’T CINDERELLA GET FAT BEFORE THE BALL?! AND WHY IS THAT OLD LADY THERE?! SHE SHOULD BE TARGETING SNOW WHITE SO THAT SHE CAN HAVE THE THRONE?? SHOULDN’T SHE BE ASKING A MIRROR RIGHT NOW??! SNOW WHITE SHOULD BE ASLEEP RIGHT NOW!” I demanded.

“She won’t get fat. An apple a day keeps the doctor away!”

“But our doctor Masaomi-san is handsome, so we don’t need apples!” I exclaimed.

“Then Cinderella went to the ball. Without her knowing, she caught the attention of the prince. He asks for a dance, but she gets cautious first because the prince is a beast…”

“A BEAST?! ISN’T HE SUPPOSED TO BE IN BEAUTY AND THE BEAST??!” I demanded.

“Then it was 12 midnight. She runs off but drops her false teeth.”