BGM - First Christmas

I'M CHRISTMAS AF RN EVEN THOUGH IT'S LITERALLY THANKSGIVING. ALL OF MY COVERS ARE GOING CHRISTMAS LIKE THIS ONE EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE SO CHEESY BC I LOVE IT!!!

SO EXPECT LOTS OF CHRISTMAS AF SHORTS AND HONESTLY IF YOU REQUEST ANY I WILL WRITE THEM ASAP BC MOOD

Luke:
You woke up to the soft cries of your infant son informing you that he was both awake and hungry. You sighed and moved to get up and feed him, but Luke was ahead of you.

"I got him babe, you stay here," a soft kiss was placed on your cheek before you felt the bed shift as Luke's large frame moved to get out of it.

"Thanks hun," you grinned as he walked out and snuggled back under the covers. A quick glance to your left informed you that it was three in the morning, an ungodly hour. That alone made you want to fall back asleep immediately, that is until you remembered that it wasn't just three in the morning, it was Christmas morning! Y/S/N's first Christmas!

You were half tempted to go join Luke in feeding him, but the soft humming drifting in over the baby monitor made it seem like he was enjoying himself and you didn't want to intrude on the father-son moment. Yet you found it a little hard to sleep as all you could think of were the big, gurgley smiles you'd get when his little hands ripped at the paper, knowing that he'd find that action far more entertaining than any new toys; the grabby hands he'd make when Luke started stuffing cookies in his face; and the image of your newly expanded family, sitting in front of the fire, listening to music, and making memories you'd never forget.

Calum was supposed to come to dinner as he was Y/S/N's godfather, and having recently broken up with his girlfriend, didn't want to spend the holiday alone. He would undoubtedly bring an insane amount of presents to be opened, and you'd have to pack all of the toys into the already overstuffed playroom. You and Luke had gotten him a few new jackets, and a nice album full of photos of him with the band and all of your respective families.

You'd already spent Christmas Eve with Ashton and his wife and their two girls, and you were anticipating seeing the Clifford family for New Years. Everything was just perfect. You had time off to spend with your best friends and your amazing husband and adorable son. No stress, no anxiety, just Christmas music and joy.

At some point while you were daydreaming, Luke came back in and crawled into bed next to you. His warm arms wrapped around your waist and he pulled you back into his chest.

"Merry Christmas baby," he mumbled into your hair.

"Merry Christmas Luke, I love you," you whispered back.

You felt him fall asleep, his breathing even and grip relaxed slightly. You took a bit longer, still hooked on the thoughts dancing through your head. Eventually, the early time and your own exhaustion beat out your excitement, and you drifted off in Luke's arms dreaming about your perfect Christmas.

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!