BGM - CoC - Werewolf AU - pt8

I'm FINISHING THIS OR MY NAME ISN'T CAITLIN and I don't have any alternate names to use so I really need to finish this

Luke:
The Luna led you outside, for only your third time since you'd first entered the pack, and your eyes immediately squinted shut in the light. "Oh wow," you blinked and rubbed at them, "I wasn't ready for it to be this bright." The world around you was a blur of color through the tears and you couldn't make anything out.

"You haven't been outside in a while huh?" The Luna didn't sound upset at the slight delay, only stood beside you and surveyed the pack from the steps of the packhouse.

You squeezed your eyes shut and let out a deep breath, "okay, I think I'm good now," you carefully opened them and looked out.

You weren't ready for what you saw. The pack was far bigger than you remembered, but you had barely gotten a glimpse on your first day. The packhouse was actually in what looked like a town square, there was a paved semicircle around the front of it that branched off to lead to multiple shops and then the main road you'd came down on your first day. The cottages were still down there, and so were the fields, but when you turned around you could see the civilization continued far past what you originally thought. There had to be many more wolves than you'd imagined. "How many people live here?" You finally asked the patient Luna who had allowed You time to take it all in.

"Oh close to a thousand," she smiled knowingly as your jaw dropped. That was nearly twice as many as you had thought.

"Wow," you let out a breath, "that's a lot." You were going to be in charge of a thousand people? That sounded stressful.

"Don't get overwhelmed," she took another step down the stairs and you followed her, "it's not as many as it may seem now."

"Whatever you say," you replied somewhat doubtfully. It would probably always seem like a lot to you, but you didn't want to dwell on that right then. "Where are we getting my dress?"

The Luna pointed down the street toward a little store that said "McAllister's" across the top in fresh red and white paint. "That's the tailor, James, he actually started as soon as you arrived so hopefully at least the base of the dress is done, and you can just decide what you want added along with a final fitting." You nodded. It made sense that they didn't just sell ascension gowns on racks like weddings, you were glad the Luna had taken the time to make sure your dress was started so there was no extra delay, and you couldn't wait to see what it looked like.

The two of you crossed the street and walked toward the shop. The wolves that were out all smiled and waved as you passed by and you made a point to smile back at every one.

When you got to the storefront, you could see the racks of clothing inside and a few mannequins in the front modeling some of the latest arrivals. When you pushed open the door the a bell rang and almost immediately a man's face popped up from behind the back counter.

"Luna! Future Luna! So glad you could come I've been working on your dress all week," he ushered you back with a waving hand past the counter and into a back work area. There, on a different mannequin, was arguably the most beautiful dress you'd ever seen. It was strapless with a sweetheart neckline and made of shimmery silvery fabric that almost seemed to glow in the light. It looked delicate, flowing from the base of the neckline down to the floor where it pooled in a glittering circle. The train wasn't too long and it had a piece of ribbon bedazzled in crystals and delicate embroidered flowers wrapped around the waist and tied in the back.

"Wow," your jaw dropped, "it's beautiful." Tears began to build in your eyes as you looked at it. Dresses had never been something you'd cried over before but this one was so pretty and someone had put in so much effort to make it just for you.