Resolve - #22

A/N: The following contains sensitive topics such as depression, self-harm and suicide, and also this fic ships female X female and contains strong language, suicide and abuse, so if you have a problem with that then you may want to click off this story. You have been warned.

Luka's PoV

I fell asleep quickly last night, almost instantly after Miku had gone back to bed. The past couple of weeks have been exhausting, and with insomnia always lurking, I'm pretty surprised I had the chance to sleep, but also very relieved.

What I didn't expect after such a good nights sleep, however, was to wake up with Miku lying next to me, seemingly sound asleep. "Oh-!" I exclaim, startled and sitting up straight.

Miku slowly opens her eyes, and for a moment confused blue orbs meet tired teal ones. She blinks slowly, before realisation hits her like a truck. "A-Ah!" She panics. "S-Sorry-!" She tries to back up, but loses her balance and falls backwards off the sofa. "Eek-!"

"Miku, calm down!" I demand, looking down at her. She winces and rubs her head, whimpering under her breath before sighing and looking back up at me. Again, our eyes meet.

She shuffled around on the floor, embarrassed. "I thought you were asleep in the bedroom?" I ask, tilting my head to one side inquisitively.

Miku's eyes dart around desperately. She looks to me, then the door, then the floor, then back to me again. "I was but... I-I was still s-scared and didn't want to b-be a-alone, th-that was all!" She protests, stuttering.

Something doesn't seem right there. I think to myself with a shrug of the shoulders. "I suppose that makes sense, but you know I'm not going anywhere, right?" I tell her.

"I know but... I don't like being by myself... And I don't like kicking you off the bed in your own apartment, it feels wrong!" Miku protests, looking at me with a hint of sadness in her blue eyes.

The room slowly lights up as the sun rises into the watercolour sky, emitting a soft, illuminating glow and bringing the wintery landscape to life again. The same constant tick, tick, ticking of the clock is the only thing that breaks the silence as I hesitate, pondering what exactly to suggest.

"I mean..." My voice trails away, and I clear my throat before looking at Miku and resuming my sentence. "I mean, how about we just-"

"We can both sleep on it!" Miku blurts out, cutting me off. Surprised at the answer, I look at her with wide eyes. She looks dead serious for a moment, before her face turns a steady shade of red. She looks as shocked as I do, like she can't quite believe what she had just said.

I can sense Miku's panic rising as she continues speaking, her voice stuttering once again. "Well, I mean, th-there's nothing wrong with that, r-right? Like, we aren't implying anything, and, w-we are both g-girls, a-and..." Her voice fades out, and she lowers her head, ashamed.

After a moment of silence, I speak up. "Will it make you feel better?" I ask her. Miku doesn't respond, and instead nods her head slowly, staring at the floor and avoiding eye contact. "Alright... we'll discuss it later."

"Th-Thanks." Miku thanks me quietly, peering up again and looking at me through her teal hair.

I nod my head. "Not a problem." I tell her, standing up and stretching. The warm sunlight slowly brightens, chasing away the cold and wrapping me in a warmer embrace. "As for now, do you want something to eat?"