• • •

???'s PoV

Is there ever a raging storm inside your head?

A hurricane of thoughts, whirring around in circles like a merry-go-round that's out of control. Anxiety crashing around. Unwelcome thoughts refusing to leave.

And then there's a brief calm. You catch your breath, you can smile. But deep down you know. You know it's the eye of the storm, and that this so-called calm won't last long - the second phase is right around the corner.

And then it starts again.

Tossing and turning at night, unable to get to sleep. The faint glow of the full moon can be seen from your window amongst all the glimmering stars, hundreds, thousands, millions of them, no clouds in sight. But that doesn't make the clouds in your head disperse.

Overthinking, crying, trying not to make a sound as the night slowly progresses. You want it to be over. You want to fall asleep but you just can't. Nobody's around to help. Or so it seems.

Does that sound familiar?

Well, let me tell you a secret...

There's a raging storm in my mind, too.

"You're overreacting." "You're pathetic." "Just tough it out." All phrases I'm accustomed to. Never failing to add salt into this stinging wound.

Anxiety. Anxiety, most commonly around people. Severe shyness that eventually morphs into a total panic. At school. Down town. Anywhere. Anxiety that arises at the most inconvenient of times. It grabs my ankle and refuses to let go, leaving me to pull a weight around, a heavy weight that forces me to stay put, even when the tears are about to spill. Is it just me?

What about you?

How are you right this moment?

Am I making much sense right now? I suppose either way it doesn't matter.

Are you still listening?

What comes to mind when I say the word 'silence'? Has silence ever been too loud? Deafening silence, muting screams and cries for help. What about that? Is that familiar?

Yes. I'd say so.

But what about the total opposite? Has silence ever been too quiet? They say you can hear a pin drop - can you hear tears drop too, in such silence?

In one hundred characters or less, what's our purpose? Why do we exist?

Does anyone truly know?

The storm is coming to haunt me again. The heavy rain is cold against my skin, and the howling wind is like a deafening scream. Thoughts. Whirring around like a merry-go-round once more.

Will it ever get better?

...

...

Yes. It will.

Does anyone care?

Yes. I care.

Am I alone?

No. I'm here.

Though one storm after another may come, there's always a break between the clouds. The sun always rises in the morning, even if you can't see it. And as told by shades of teal and pink, everything will be okay again. Life's worth it. And if you don't believe me now, you will one day.

Life can be beautiful. And in case nobody's told you today - good morning, afternoon, evening, or night. I hope you have a lovely day. You're amazing. You're beautiful.

And I love you.