Chapter 8: The Comeback

(.., later that night)

(Myungsoo)

I went to the dorm, ate and changed into comfortable clothes then lied on the bed trying to get some sleep.

Everything that happened today kept on playing in my head, I still can't get her out of my mind for some reason, 

What's wrong with me? I feel like I completely lost myself today, why was I being so awkward and weird? I've never felt this way towards someone. Do I possibly like her? No... just no... I'm being weird again. I'd better just sleep.

_________________________

(15 days later..)

(Seol-ah)

I finished writing the song before the end of the 20 days that Infinite's manager gave me, I even participated in writing the main song of the album "man in love" in addition to writing the one song I was asked to do, it's called "Love letter"

He liked it, and he even introduced me to another songwriter that works for the company so we can both fix it since I'm not a pro. He then decided to make it one of the main songs of their album which made me weep with joy, I never in a million years imagined that I'd be allowed to write a song for a famous group of celebrities, let alone having it be one of the tracks in their album, it's been quite an overwhelming week, the busiest ever.

The members kept practising their dance moves all week nonstop, they'll start shooting the music video for the main track next week while their comeback is going to be after a month.

(3 weeks later)

Everyone is so excited about the comeback. The members have been working hard. I only saw them a few times while they were recording the song, and we had lunch twice. I can say that we're slowly becoming friends, I even feel rather comfortable with some of them, but something was wrong with Myungsoo. Since the day we worked together on the song, he's been avoiding me most of the time, he barely looks at me or even talks when I'm around. He seems uncomfortable every time I'm around, and that made me feel as if I did something wrong. Or did I talk too much that day? I probably shouldn't have told him such personal stuff about my tragic past... I really can't understand him. Sometimes he's way too sweet and all, and other times, he barely even speaks. The weirdest thing is that he would talk and tell jokes while he's with the members, but he would just play with his phone or do something else every time I join in.

Two weeks have passed, and Infinite made a hugely successful comeback. Everything was on point. Their dancing, their singing, their performances, just everything.

I couldn't hold my tears back when they performed the wrote. I couldn't believe that I participated in that, they made it look like a masterpiece, it wouldn't have turned that great without the help of the members and the other songwriter. 

I later received the greatest news ever that I was accepted as a trainee songwriter in the company and I couldn't be happier, this gave me hope and made me feel excited about the future for the first time in a while, what if... maybe there's a chance I might be a successful songwriter after few years. I'm gonna do my best to get there.

After their song was ranked the first on the charts, they decided to go out and party, and they invited me to join them. I accepted since it's Sunday and I have no plans for the rest of the day.

We had so much fun, we played games, we even sang songs in the karaoke bar, I've never had this much fun. However, I couldn't stand the way Myungsoo was acting whenever I'm around. And even when I try to talk to him or something, he just ignores me as if I don't exist. I couldn't stand him ignoring me for weeks, we've never been any close but why on the earth would he treat me like a nobody if we were still working in the same team, or did his tiny dose of kindness towards me expire the day we worked together?